Gc Trackable Personal Coin Number Splitting

Camp Explorer

No I don't have any (to sell or otherwise)

but do you know if Groundspeak approves of this practice?

I've heard they want to approve the coin design before selling the tracking numbers (or does that just apply to state groups?), would that mean they assume all those numbers will go with that design? Or would they be ok with it assuming they approve of all designs that will use that batch of numbers? :laughing:

I asked about broking and got this response

Jason,

Will they be used for personal coins?  Or, for an organization/state coin?

Org/state coins may not be brokered out.  Min = 1000

Personal coins may be brokered out but all coin designss must be approved in advance.  Min = 500.

-Bryan

So Yes, they approve of broking personnel coin numbers.

I asked about broking and got this response
Jason,

Will they be used for personal coins?  Or, for an organization/state coin?

Org/state coins may not be brokered out.  Min = 1000

Personal coins may be brokered out but all coin designss must be approved in advance.  Min = 500.

-Bryan

So Yes, they approve of broking personnel coin numbers.

cool

thanks for the info :rolleyes:

I'm looking at the purchase of geocaching.com personal coin tracking numbers but have no need for 500. Is anyone interested in splitting them up?

Does anyone have them to sell?

FYI The coin must be approved by geocaching.com before production. Price is $1.50 per number and coin not for profit.

Thanks

I sent you a follow up email...did you not get it?

Here is what I was sent by GC

I have a few questions about personal tracking numbers.

1. Can I share/sell half of my numbers that I buy to someone else?

*1. Yes, but we must approve all coin designs in advance.*

2. How long after the numbers are bought must they be used? Say I buy them now and don't have a coin made until 2006 or I sell 200 numbers at cost to someone else how long do they have to use them?

*2. No duration.*

3. With respect to the design approval say I have 100 coins made in 2006; 100 in 2007 and 100 in 2008 I just have to have the design approved before they are produced right.

*3. Yes.*

4. I take it that as I (the original 500 # buyer) would responsible for how those numbers are used on coins.

*4. Yes.*

5. Does geocaching.com have a deal with the mints not to put the tracking numbers on coins without GC approval?

*5. Yes.*

6. I regard to nonprofit does that apply to trackable on geocaching.com? I don't plan on selling coins I just want to clear this up.

*6. Yes. Personal coins may not be sold.*

7. To pay for the numbers do I call you with Credit Card number?

*7. Yes*

8. Do you have some sort contract I must agree to? Do you have one you can email one me to look at?

*8. No, however, if you do not follow the rules, we reserve the right to

cancel the tracking of the specific coins. In other words, unapproved

designs may be cancelled. Sold personal coins may be cancelled.

At this time I don't think I go with PC numbering.

Thanks Camp Explorer

6. I regard to nonprofit does that apply to trackable on geocaching.com? I don't plan on selling coins I just want to clear this up.

*6. Yes. Personal coins may not be sold.*

8. Do you have some sort contract I must agree to? Do you have one you can email one me to look at?

*8. No, however, if you do not follow the rules, we reserve the right to

cancel the tracking of the specific coins. In other words, unapproved

designs may be cancelled. Sold personal coins may be cancelled.

Just wondering...

Selling for profit? or just plain selling of the personal geocoins? even stevens.

Thanks for posting this information.

Katy

This is the answer I got from groundspeaking regarding number sharing and selling.

- Is it possible to share to the 500 numbers. Example: I need 300 numbers

and would like to sell the other 200 at 1.50 each. Is there anything I

need to take care of as the "original owner" of the numbers.

- I would like to trade, give out for free and sell the coins. The ladder

to geocachers who have nothing to trade. Is this ok for you?

Hi Martin,

Yes, they can be shared but we will only accept one payment and we'll need

to approve both designs prior to production.

You may sell personal coins but they must be sold for cost.

Sincerely,

Edited by JeeperMTJ
This is the answer I got from groundspeaking regarding number sharing and selling.

Well, that's interesting to know because we are thinking of getting a personal coin minted that's trackable. We would like to sell some without profit and trade some. The problem is: if we let them ship to Germany first and then back to the States for the most interested it would push up the costs unnecessary. Any idea?

And we would like to share numbers as well, if someone is interested.

Heidi

Well, that's interesting to know because we are thinking of getting a personal coin minted that's trackable. We would like to sell some without profit and trade some. The problem is: if we let them ship to Germany first and then back to the States for the most interested it would push up the costs unnecessary. Any idea?

And we would like to share numbers as well, if someone is interested.

Heidi

Not really: http://www.thecachingplace.com/preordercoins.htm

Thanks JeeperMTJ and nielsenc! Well, first I thought that service wouldn't be too bad with a $2 fee for each order. But when you have to get a membership as well it puts me off straight away.

But maybe these are thoughts we should start after getting our coin approved by Groundspeak. So you might hear from us later again. (Or we start with a small release of 200-250 personal coins which will be numbered but won't be trackable, we just don't know yet.)

Many regards, Heidi

I think Camp Explorer mentioned that he decided against using GC numbering. I am having 100 personal coins minted and am looking for others to go in with on a run of 500. Please email me (see profile) if you want to go in with me on a lot.

Thanks,

-S.

You all do know that if you use coins and pins to mint your coin you do not need to split numbers. If you go to thier webpage it states:

We will coordinate the design and tracking numbers with Groundspeak. A minimum order of Geocaching.com tracking numbers may be around 1000 numbers for organizational coins. There is no minimum for "PC" numbers purchased through us. We can also coordinate the icon for non "PC" tracking numbers.

You can get however many coins you want tracked and a icon, no Min.

Edited by ladycacher
You all do know that if you use coins and pins to mint your coin you do not need to split numbers.  If you go to thier webpage it states:

We will coordinate the design and tracking numbers with Groundspeak. A minimum order of Geocaching.com tracking numbers may be around 1000 numbers for organizational coins. There is no minimum for "PC" numbers purchased through us. We can also coordinate the icon for non "PC" tracking numbers.

You can get however many coins you want tracked and a icon, no Min.

Although it appears you can't have an icon for a PC......I think.

Edited by Chaos A.D./aka Arlsdaddy

Hey, what about if I had an unregistered usa coin, kept it and engraved that number on a PC to track? Probably a slap on the hand, but has anyone thought of this or tried it? Suppose GC.com wouldn't like it though. Wouldn't it be kinda like using a photocopy of a coin like I've read about? Something to think about....

Edited by Chaos A.D./aka Arlsdaddy