Lowrance Iway 100m: $179 On 9/12

robertlipe

just be careful! i bought one ffom ebuyer.com last month. the cd had a defect so i was unable to install it. i called both lowrance and ebuyer. neither offered any customer support. each passed the buck. you figured paypal could help. but no! only if the merchandise was not delivered! it was a good thing i used my credit card to pay for it. it is now under investigation. btw. the unit sent appeared to have been a repack, or a return. i now know why! so becareful. this was the first tiime and will be my last time ordering from ebuyer.com!

Paypal is a little better now that they are part of eBay, but they are still pretty crappy. A friend of mine was a victim of eBay users who somehow broke into her account. They transfered money from her credit card to the account and then transferred all the money to their account. Now you would think that PayPal would be able to track those guys and be able to procecute them. But they gave us the run around (literally) when we tried to pursue the matter and have them report it to the police.

Her money was refunded by the credit card company and eBay. So she was not out of pocket. But eBay clearly has an interest in not reporting this type of fraud to the police, it makes them appear to be unsafe... which they are. I can only assume that eBay has a policy of doing the minimum that they can in following up on fraudulent matters.

As a follow on, the con men sent her an email with the appearance of being from eBay which told her to sign an affidavit saying that the charges were coorect and they should be reinstated. She almost sent it back thinking it was something that eBay required her to do. Good thing I got involved because that would have been irrevocable. That was when I got in the loop and tried to get eBay to file a police report.

eBay's runaround was in the form of telling me I was talking to the wrong department. I was told to report this to the fraud department. I called the number given, which turned out to merely be a main number and went around and around asking for that department. After half an hour and finally being told to call the original number I got an admission from the original person that they *were* the fraud department!!! Tell me that was not duplicity!