This Waymark Has Not Been Approved Yet

One of my waymarks took 4 days before it was approved. After the third day, I checked to see when the category owner had last signed into the site, and realized that they hadn't signed in since the day before I submitted the waymark.

It didn't matter - I just figured they weren't around, and the waymark was approved the next day anyway.

In my case it wasn't a big deal, but this does highlight the need for a category management system which can handle these gaps.

I am bumping this thread because my Waymark has not been approved yet, and it's been 15 days.

I submitted one for Covered Wagons on Sept 3rd. I contacted the owner after a week and got no reply. I think it was last Sunday... they had been on that day...

I still have not gotten anything, and the Waymark is unlisted still too. The owner of the Catagory was on today.. still nothing changed

For anyone in TPTB that wants to see it... it is WMW5.

And if you can link to it...

Quasy's Covered Wagon in Jordan

:) The Blue Quasar

I have four waymarks that have not been approved for the Devilish Locations category. They were established on 8/27 and still have not been approved. I've emailed the manager twice and have not received a response to either message. The manager's profile says he last visited today.

This flexibility thing is a real winner. Letting the masses do all the management chores is gonna work out bigtime.

I am bumping this thread because my Waymark has not been approved yet, and it's been 15 days.

I submitted one for Covered Wagons on Sept 3rd.  I contacted the owner after a week and got no reply.  I think it was last Sunday... they had been on that day...

I still have not gotten anything, and the Waymark is unlisted still too.  The owner of the Catagory was on today.. still nothing changed

For anyone in TPTB that wants to see it... it is WMW5.

And if you can link to it...

Quasy's Covered Wagon in Jordan

:)  The Blue Quasar

STUMPFS COVERED SPRINGFIELD WAGON

It looks like I submitted mine on 9-5-2005.

Sent one e-mail and am still waiting too.

I have several where the people didn't post the required photo. If I send of the little thingy to decline their waymark, will it delete their waymark and make them have to do it all over again? I don't think it does. :lol:

I assume that I would have to ask them to email me when they have the appropriate pics up, so that I know when they are posted, and then I can approve the waymark.

I have several where the people didn't post the required photo. If I send of the little thingy to decline their waymark, will it delete their waymark and make them have to do it all over again? I don't think it does. :lol:

What is this 'decline thingy' of which you speak? I'm not a category owner, so I don't know what options you have available to you when it comes to declining a waymark.

I had one waymark which I had just submitted for approval. Moments later, I was in the process of uploading the required photo when I received an email from the category owner reminding me that a photo was required. I finished uploading the photo, sent an email back to the category owner, and within a few minutes the waymark was approved.

I didn't have to re-do anything.

I'm not a Category owner, but I think you have the power to Approve/Decline as you like, and can even change you're mind later. Maybe a more knowledgeable person can answer that question definitively.

Since we're in a whiney mood here, I've got one that's a week old now.

Man, I can't believe TM&DV with nearly 50 Waymarks. I'm going to have to go out and log me a slug of McD's and catch up :lol:

This flexibility thing is a real winner. Letting the masses do all the management chores is gonna work out bigtime.

Seriously, if you're not going to discuss a solution, then standing around mocking exasperation just to say "I told you so" is worse than useless...it actually draws attention away from those that are working to solve it.

Don't make this your new sandbox just because you got kicked out of your old one.

Is there a person in place to answer or handle this kind of situation?

If so, who is it?

Or is our only current option to

1... Submit and hope for the best

2... Contact the Catagory Manager after a set amount of time

3... Post a note in the Forums after a set amount of time from #2

4... Ask what the next step is? And whom do we ask?

:lol: The Blue Quasar

Is there a person in place to answer or handle this kind of situation?

If so, who is it?

Or is our only current option to

1... Submit and hope for the best

2... Contact the Catagory Manager after a set amount of time

3... Post a note in the Forums after a set amount of time from #2

4... Ask what the next step is? And whom do we ask?

:rolleyes: The Blue Quasar

Who is that power that be?

If we ask,we should get a feedback.

From either the person in charge of the waymark or higher power that be.

I have several where the people didn't post the required photo.  If I send of the little thingy to decline their waymark, will it delete their waymark and make them have to do it all over again?  I don't think it does.  :rolleyes:

What is this 'decline thingy' of which you speak? I'm not a category owner, so I don't know what options you have available to you when it comes to declining a waymark.

I had one waymark which I had just submitted for approval. Moments later, I was in the process of uploading the required photo when I received an email from the category owner reminding me that a photo was required. I finished uploading the photo, sent an email back to the category owner, and within a few minutes the waymark was approved.

I didn't have to re-do anything.

When you are a category owner, you have the option to make it so you get an email when someone proposes a new waymark. This way, their waymark is not automatically posted to the category. The owner then is able to look through the new waymark and see if it has all the requirments. Then the owner can either allow it to be on the site, or decline it and give the reasons why.

When you are a category owner, you have the option to make it so you get an email when someone proposes a new waymark. This way, their waymark is not automatically posted to the category. The owner then is able to look through the new waymark and see if it has all the requirments.

Then the owner can either allow it to be on the site, or decline it and give the reasons why.

Right, I understood this part.

What I was asking about was your prior question about whether or not invoking a 'decline' action on a submitted waymark would clear the waymark information, requiring the would-be-owner to reenter all the waymark information:

If I send of the little thingy to decline their waymark, will it delete their waymark and make them have to do it all over again?

Here's what I'm wondering:

If a category is set up so that it isn't auto-approve, any waymarks submitted for approval will be put in a 'waiting approval' state, and not listed on the site. I'm assuming this is the state in which any negotiation between the category manager and the waymark would-be-owner takes place. For example, if a required photo is missing, the category manager can send a 'please provide the required photo' email to the person submitting the waymark, and once everything is made hunky-dory, the manager can approve the waymark. Which is what happened to me in my previously posted example.

So what is the purpose of the decline option? Perhaps to handle situations in which the person who submitted the waymark is unresponsive to, or uncooperative with, requests from category manager?

In any case, if the decline action clears the submitted waymark, it seems that it should only be used as a last resort. I think people will get upset if they forget to include a picture and they find out later their waymark information has been deleted.

I have done all the required and e-mailed the owner.

This has been all done with NO response from the waymark owner,I thought we were trying to work all this out,not have to come in here and hash it out all day long.

The waymark owner should be responsible enough to at least answer our e-mails after 2 weeks.

The guidlines say 36-72 hours.

Either be responsible to a degree or get rid of the waymark.

If you do not like to have them listed why do you have the waymark?