Bug: Pocket Queries And Log Waypoints

dak's Emu Mob

I thought I had discovered a bug in GSAK when I discovered that coordinates I had attached to a log entry had also been attached to the three logs prior to mine.

However, all my testing was in vain, because Clyde pointed out that the erroneous coordinates were in fact in the GPX file that I had received in my Pocket Query.

So, the bug is as follows:

I generate a PQ that includes a cache I have found in which I have attached a waypoint. (An example is "Bridging the Gap": GCPQWR.) My log in the GPX file has the following XML code:

<Groundspeak:log_wpt lat="-33.9954" lon="151.070367" />

The problem is that the previous three logs also include this XML code. The live cache page does not show the coordinates in the previous three logs. I say 'three logs' here, but I have also seen instances where the coordinates are erroneously attached to one or two previous logs.

This only seems to occur with my own logs, as I have checked a cache that has a waypoint attached to a log by another cacher, and those coordinates are not repeated in previous logs.

I'm not sure where to report this to. Previously, when I have made a suggestion about the site, I have been referred to the Forum, but I can't find a more suitable place to report it.

Cheers,

dak