Tyneside/newcastle Meet

alistair_uk

I planning small Tyneside get-together one Sunday in November around Newcastle.

First of all, you are invited.

It is intended to be a low-key event, more an excuse to have a chat over a pint, but if enough people are interested in coming along I will make it an official meet.

Are you interested in coming along?

A quick update....

It is looking like November 20th to avoid a clash with the football. Can anyone think of anything else important that this might clash with?

Venues that appear to keep most happy are in the Ouseburn area of Newcastle. My favourite choice wants to charge to reserve an area, but that is not going to happen and I am hoping to change their minds on that.

Also please keep posting and emailing any intentions to come as this will help me guess numbers. Cheers.

Venues that appear to keep most happy are in the Ouseburn area of Newcastle. My favourite choice wants to charge to reserve an area, but that is not going to happen and I am hoping to change their minds on that.

The landlady of the Ship is an old family friend so I could put in a good word, although it's a very small pub. Have you looked at the Cumberland Arms? They have a big back room that they let all sorts of folkies, morris dancers and other ne'er do wells in. :lol:

It is looking like November 20th to avoid a clash with the football. Can anyone think of anything else important that this might clash with?me guess numbers. Cheers.

Yes !! The Children in Need 2005 cache meet in Yorkshire. That will be either Saturday 19th or Sunday 20th November depending on the availability of the room.

Alex.

The landlady of the Ship is an old family friend so I could put in a good word, although it's a very small pub. Have you looked at the Cumberland Arms?

Great minds and all that. The ship is a little small but I have now provisionally booked upstairs at the Cumberland Arms. I will finalise details this week.

Yes !! The Children in Need 2005 cache meet in Yorkshire. That will be either Saturday 19th or Sunday 20th November depending on the availability of the room.

Bother, that is annoying.

As the options are now to either hold it on the 20th or hold it next year, and the fact that everything is almost in place, I think we will just have to risk the clash. I think it is only fare that we raise a little money for CIN though.

this could be a bit dodgy alastair !

i would not go up againt the children in need event, i have just been looking at the page from last year and there are a lot of northern names on there

this is a tricky one do i come to a northern meet slightly closer to home 30 mins to newcastle for me or do i travel 77 miles to leeds to what will be a huge event

i like the thought of chatting with peole i know and have met and of course meeting people i have not, but the children in need is further away but a more worthy event (and i by no means mean that badly)

i think i would be emailing the locals through their geocaching profiles and see what they are more likely to do

is there no chance of a dat either side of the CIN event so you dont clash

mandy

i would not go up againt the children in need event, i have just been looking at the page from last year and there are a lot of northern names on there

Unfortunately it is very much the 11th hour. The arrangements already made and the cache submitted.

If it does clash and everyone chooses to go to the Yorkshire meet, and I would not try and dissuade anyone from doing so, then I will need to cancel. Until then I don’t see I have any other sensible path but to continue, I don’t want to cancel because of a possible clash.

Sorry, but I knew nothing about the CIN meet despite checking the forums, the web sites and speaking to people (I know no one if pointing a finger, I just have a guilty conscience). Let’s just cross our figures and hope it does not clash.

Would love to come - The Cumberland is my favourite Newcastle pub! But...

we have an Open Studio weekend to put on...

http://www.josmahon.com/openstudio_winter2005.htm

The Catton Beacon cache is only 0.4 mile away if you want to visit before the Newcastle event (ok so it is 35 miles away from Byker!!)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ef-de6df21731c3

(shameless plugs, but I'm banned from geocaching for that weekend... :signalviolin: )

littlejim