Milestones

Noddy

WELL DONE iPajero!!!

You are really an inspiration to us.

All the planning you do, we are just SO disorganised in comparison.

Also that most of your caches you have found together as a team.

D getting up those mountain peaks like someone half her age. Actually there are not that many female cachers that would venture where you do (and a lot of males as well!) :o

Also none of your caches are overseas ones - all the more remarkable.

Well done!

Well done to Team iPajero, a remarkable achievement.... 3000 finds. Something that many of us probably never foresaw about 2 years back. It has been an amazing journey that you have undertaken. When many of us just sit and wonder where our next find will be... iPajero probably has it in their sights already. Good to see you both again at the Event last weekend and that was on 2900 finds... wow 100 in the week... amazing stats... Once again... congrats and here is hoping you at least have some left to keep you busy...

Thanks guys for all the congratulations both on this forum and via email. Without all your caches this would not have been possible.

We are amazed at how many new caches there are since our last visit to this area in September last year and we have so many that we can still do! But, time doesn't allow and we need to press on to the next leg of our journey.

Well done BruceTP on reaching 500!! Hope there will be many more!!

I would like to thank everybody who made this possible - from the people who planted the caches and organised the various events for without you there would be no geocaching, to the may people with whom I have gone out caching together. I have met many wonderful and fascinating people in the process. Thank you all.

It is always much better to cache when you have company. :huh:

Here's to the next 500! :rolleyes:

Well done to BruceTP on the 500... It was a honour for me when you showed up at my gate and I could watch as you found my cache early on the Friday morning in the dark... to come and tell me it was your 450th. But as the weekend progressed I realised that you would manage to reach 500 at the rate we were going. So in hindsight I think it was a little goal of my own to see you through to the 500th and with a bit of uncertainty on what the standings were at the time due to awaiting publication on the two new caches in Lesotho as well as the replacement one in Howick It was a great pleasure to see that along came # 500 on yet another of my caches. Well done and glad we could get you there. To the next 500.... I know it now sounds like a lot... but it comes a lot quicker than the first...

Wazat what about me !!! :P

Well theoretically I should congratulate you on reaching 1500 on Stretch a Leg #3 The return to GP. But seeing that your number order of logging caches is not chronological.... Grrrr.... I will have to think about it? See if you work it out right.... the last cache you did on the way home was the Stretch #3 one. And today you found another 5 caches so that gives you 1505 - Yet..... !!!! OK Nevermind... congrats on the 1500... Now go and work out chronological order please... LoL.

Thanks guys but a special thanks to BruceTP that played the role of big brother. :D

I did not say anything but I was counting the caches as we went along and I got to a count of 1500. Only at home I suddenly realized that there are three missing. That left a bitter taste in my mouth. So what did I discover? I proved that I can count caches but lack the discipline to record them properly. Luckily BruceTp with his meticulous way of recording caches in the same way he found them kept an eye on my logs and he quickly realized that this cacher need some help. Thanks for the push – it took me closer to the goal and not to the edge. :P

Again, thanks for all the help to get to this milestone and it was great to do it in a group. Wazat and Brian helped me with that extra two that was planted. Without them it would have been only 1498. It was a great outing.

To find a leopard kill at Tugela was great. I still remember the smell of the leopard near his little cave. We were standing right in his bedroom with his lunch close by. If I think about number 1500 then this leopard cache will be the first thing that came to mind. One of those caches that you can not do alone. I am absolutely positive that the leopard was close by and that he was watching us. I just wanted to get out of the area as soon as possible but Wazat and BruceTP just wanted to take photographs. I was planning for one hell of a surprise at this one for my two fellow cachers. At one stage I took the lead and I went ahead – the idea was to turn around and to sneak up on BruceTP and Wazat and to growl like a leopard. But I was not prepared for any potential heart attacks so I quickly discarded this idea. The other worry was that this leopard could hear this and he could object to the invasion of his kingdom.

Now for the big one. Bloemfontein is the next stop. We need to get to them quickly. I hope someone will come along to do some real caching. If there is no one then I do it alone. Luckily I have cownchicken as backup and hope they do not mind helping an MP man. We will give the guys from Cape Town competition for sure but it will be even greater to meet them during the evening and to chat to them and to have a braai together and I am looking forward to it.

Last but not least, well done to all cachers that have achieved their milestones at or after the Lesotho event. I kept and eye on the attendees and it appears as if all done quite well. Great. Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

I was planning for one hell of a surprise at this one for my two fellow cachers. At one stage I took the lead and I went ahead – the idea was to turn around and to sneak up on BruceTP and Wazat and to growl like a leopard. But I was not prepared for any potential heart attacks so I quickly discarded this idea. The other worry was that this leopard could hear this and he could object to the invasion of his kingdom.

Imagine that the said Leopard had decided that you were a potential mate... I am sure Bruce and I would have had a field day photographing that... LoL. Here kitty.... growl.... LoL

But seriously, it makes one think... we had come across it's kill, still fresh and soft, it's cave still had fresh feces and urine in, that barely had chance to dry... that cat was probably eying out the three of us for lunch. Somewhere hidden in a tree... Funny how Gerhard was out of there just as quick as he went in... Must have been making sure he at least makes it to his milestone.... Before becoming cat food.... Hee hee :D

Edited by Wazat