Milestones

Noddy

Well done to the following people !!!! :unsure::unsure:

Jors (GP) for the big 500 - it is so nice to see this one,

CF (NZ) 2050,

tomtwogates (WC) 600,

geocacher_coza (GP) 350,

paddawan (WC) for a very quick 150 and a high count for the month – looks like you are on a roll,

cincol (QA) with 400 – the big one is now in reach,

TVM (WC) with 2250,

capaccr (WC) with 400 and last but not least BruceTP (GP) with 300. It appears as if the WC cachers are on the prowl and on the move.

Before I forget also well done to Wazat for finding the cache at “AdySally Waterfall”. I read your log late last night. Mountain man you have done extremely well as this one and it was a pleasure to read your log. I will attend soon to this one due to the challenge involved but I will do it the traditional way with climbing equipment. I am not scared of heights or a fall but it is the repeated bouncing on the rocks 50 meter below that gets to me. :unsure: Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Well done to Hemachatus. He found his first EC and a FTF, I feel good that he selected my one. I hope you find many more. CH is the master and you will learn a lot from him. Give the Gauteng EC's a try.

By the way - battlerat and pussycat why are you waiting. I noticed that you have 999; where is the one that is missing??? Yes, I am watching. :)

Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Well done to Hemachatus. He found his first EC and a FTF, I feel good that he selected my one. I hope you find many more. CH is the master and you will learn a lot from him. Give the Gauteng EC's a try.

By the way - battlerat and pussycat why are you waiting. I noticed that you have 999; where is the one that is missing??? Yes, I am watching. :)

Gerhard

Thanks for the Cache Gerhard. Did my #30 just after your EC. Long ways to go......

Hemachatus

Before I forget also well done to Wazat for finding the cache at “AdySally Waterfall”. I read your log late last night. Mountain man you have done extremely well as this one and it was a pleasure to read your log. I will attend soon to this one due to the challenge involved but I will do it the traditional way with climbing equipment. I am not scared of heights or a fall but it is the repeated bouncing on the rocks 50 meter below that gets to me. :huh: Gerhard

Ah it isn't that bad.... just not exactly the place you want to find yourself alone with a little car with a heavy downpour..... not on those roads at least.

Jors (GP) for the big 500 - it is so nice to see this one,

Thanks Gerhard! You better watch out, I might catch up :):)

Geluk met 1100!

Wazat, you too... :D

Thanks... but Jors I think you may have to watch out I am chasing everyone now... LoL. Nope just joking. Been given the 500 challenge by Gerhard but it might just be out of my reach for Christmas now... Depends on what happens in the next few days.... Will see. At least I did manage another two closer this week. 48 is a tall order in this area where I am.....

... 48 is a tall order in this area where I am.....

excuses, excuses....

Closest un-found cache from me is Platberg which is 91.77 Km away (As the crow flies), but over 200km by road. If and only if my petrol card arrives by tomorrow morning, I will be as close as 3km from it, (As the crow flies). Only problem.... need a 4x4. They don't seem to believe that my car will make mince meat out of the mountain.... All good and well I could hike it. But, I have to work and from there I drive to Estcourt. If by any chance I seem to head in the wrong direction and forget where home was.... I may just end up at the junior member of DiePienaars place (Thanks for the invite).

Jors all I say is watch your back...... you never know what I may pull out the bag over this weekend.... :)

Edited by Wazat

Wazat - you have a lot to say when you have more than 2000 caches to choose from! A well planned weekend to a place like Gauteng will give you your 500. I have less than 175 to choose from and I have hidden the majority of them! I need 70 to 500 and that will take me more than 2 overseas trips to do - if I'm lucky!!

Wazat I'll race you to 500, but I have this distinct feeling I am going to loose. I need 56, and I am hoping to get closer over December in PE. But I doubt I'll hit 500 before the new year.

Ok I have had a look.... 211 filtered and ready to go. Now lets see where is that dang petrol card..... :laughing:

I need a Nuvi that I can put routes in Eish! But this one does it's job of taking me blindly where many have gone before....

The race is sort of on. It all comes down to this weekend. If circumstances allow.... I will be getting a lot closer to that 500.... perhaps very close. Christmas? How about before then..... :blink:

Wazat - you have a lot to say when you have more than 2000 caches to choose from! A well planned weekend to a place like Gauteng will give you your 500. I have less than 175 to choose from and I have hidden the majority of them! I need 70 to 500 and that will take me more than 2 overseas trips to do - if I'm lucky!!

True... *Waves bye bye to Cincol as he races off to 500* :laughing:

Wazat, you do good – too good with this challenge. Shall I shift the goal post to 600? LOL. :blink:

Platberg is an easy one. Get to it at about 02h30 and you can still get to work in time. A Nice refreshing one to start the day; or you can do this one with a bicycle like Hosta. He achieved a world record for the fastest speed ever reached on a bicycle.

If you want to relax a bit this weekend – just remember I am watching you. :laughing:

Gerhard

Wazat, you do good – too good with this challenge. Shall I shift the goal post to 600? LOL. :D

Platberg is an easy one. Get to it at about 02h30 and you can still get to work in time. A Nice refreshing one to start the day; or you can do this one with a bicycle like Hosta. He achieved a world record for the fastest speed ever reached on a bicycle.

If you want to relax a bit this weekend – just remember I am watching you. :laughing:

Gerhard

Don't push it now.... 600 can come in it's own time. 500 is my goal as it is a special one and if it comes on the 12th it will mean a whole lot more. It is my 1000th day from the day I started geocaching and a tally of 500 finds on the day will go down very well... By the way it is still nit there yet but looking a lot better.... Wait for the logs. I am too tired now.... will log them tomorrow...

It was a good weekend. Well done.

Sardine2009 (WC) – 50. The 100 mark is now close.

Cache-fan (GP) 1600 in the bag. Only 400 to go; should take you about 3 months. :D

Battlerat and pussycat - 1000 which I was watching for a while got to the 1000 and a good cache which was planned well.

Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Wazat, I am watching you like a hawk. Only 15 caches left to meet the challenge - 11 in the bag yesterday. I myself done good yesterday but I still need to log them. Maybe this weekend.

There is one tiny problem left. You accepted the challenge without questioning the reward. If you meet the challenge then you have to supply me with a date somewhere in January (end) so I can arrange and book the climb. I would like to offer you this opportunity to learn something knew. We will do a one day introduction climb at Hekpoort. We need to be there at 09h00. I pay for the course. Your kit will be issued to you and it will be inspected by the qualified trainers. A nice stiff walk will lead us to the mountain. I was here before and the view over the dam is good – you can relax if the stress gets too much. They will then explain the knots, equipment and the climbing techniques to you. You will practice them. You will also receive a little book on the basics. To test your understanding you will then do an easy single pitch climb up the rock face which is not too technical under supervision of the trainer. It is very safe as the instructor uses a top rope technique. At the top we will relax a while and a walk down the mountain will follow to relax the muscles. At about 16h30 we will be finished. Do not plan for caching the next day – you will discover pains in places you never knew before but the feeling of achievement will be great.

We are busy arranging an event at this location and you will be the test subject. The planned event will be scrapped if we should loose you during this climb or if you bounce too many times on the rocks below. ;) If you get to the top and you are still fine then the event will be hold to allow the other cachers to scream like a little girl. :) I am only joking - do not worry you are safe – if you should fall then it will be inches. After this session you will know how to belay, learned something about knots and how to climb a rock face and you will have the photos to proof it on your web site. Maybe your TB will like it here. This could be a good place for an extreme cache.

I can’t drag you up this mountain so the second price is a 500 finds coin. The coin will not add the same value to you as the climb. I will do the climb first and you will follow. Now which one will you select? So many choices … Just remember about 500 cachers are waiting to read your answer. :blink:

Well done and I hope you meet the challenge and the other one. You done well. Gerhard (with a small d)

Come one weekend........ !!! Eish. Sounds like it is worth hanging in there to get to 500 in time. Gerhard you sure are taking my mind off things that are stressing me out.... it has been a hectice race to get here.... but when I realised what 500 was and when it was I realised it was a goal that I just had to chase. You initially said Christmas or the end of the year but this was beyond another special date that been the 12th. This is my 1000th day as a cacher. It has been difficult for me in my area to get the numbers and as my stats page will show I reached only 200 last year NovemberUnfortunately Northern KZN is not a very cache populated area so I have had to venture beyond the borders to get the numbers up. But like this past weekend there was some great people to cache with and that goal of 500 looked so much easier to get to......

The ropes sound wonderful. It then brings me one step or should I say climb closer to my next challenge.... Sentinal Peak in the Drakensberg.

Wazat, I will drop you an e-mail to arrange a date. Not good to publish a date and time for the climb here and it is getting off topic. There are too many cachers that could pay a visit. Do not be scared to do this one. The instructors are good and they are qualified, they are not family of Mickey or Donald. We will belay each other and we will tie up to the rope under their strict guidance and control. They will check if the knots are dressed properly and that control of the rope is maintained at all times. The most serious incident they had is when a lady sprained her ankle when she stepped skew on a stone on her way back to the lodge. Falls were experienced on this rock face, but this is rare. I will drop you and e-mail to arrange the climb. After this climb I will arrange an event for the other cachers. Hopefully we can get more cachers to understand the techniques.

So you have all the motivation and your own target to get to the 500 and I hope the constant pressure gives you go. For number 1000 you could be in a position to do Sentinal. Go for it.

RedGlobe when is your next milestone – you are too quiet.

Gerhard

Thanks all for the comments. That was an exciting 500 caches.

I was looking for an animated gif of "take a deep bow" on the web but did not find anything. Edited to add: this is the closest I got.

But what do you know - my avatar is famous. Driving to Wellington the other day I see this hanging off the back of a bakkie

0acf0558-72e9-4ab7-908f-28ded5146f8d.jpg

Edited by the pooks

Well done to the cachers reaching the following milestones, I hope you all have many more. Strange enough – looks like a lot of old GP hands are now moving around. Enjoy your festival period and stay safe.

Rodnjoan – GP – 800; the 1000 is now in reach.

Wazat – KZN – 500; This friend had me worried; I noticed a count of 499 for the weekend and then it went very quiet. I waited and waited but the score card stayed on 499. It is your fault that I went to bed at 02h00. :lol: Not too shabby, Marge. How does it feel to be right in the middle of the GP cachers – all seven of them? I am glad you had tinkerbell with you when you achieved it – I hope she awarded you well. :) I am sure that last month was your best month.

Urban Hunters – GP – 1250; look like they got out of the closet, they were quiet for a while. Welcome back. When are we meeting under the BRIDGE for the area agent to show me the way?

Danie Viljoen – GP – 650; Well done the next one is around the corner, I am watching you this holiday.

Happy Hunters – GP – 300; Picking up momentum and still happy to hunt them with a smile and a laugh.

Mystic Boer – GP - 50; he was also quiet but the Boer is on the hunt again.

Slangvz – GP – 100; reached his cricket score century. I can remember his first couple of logs and suddenly he is at 100. Good.

RedGlobe – GP – 1200; I am chasing this man, but he absolutely refuse to stand still or to lie down. Your coin with the grapes had a good time. The grapes visited the wines. The input went to the output. It was real nice from cownchicken to give him a lift to visit his family.

Well done.

Gerhard

Well done to the cachers reaching the following milestones, I hope you all have many more. .....

Wazat – KZN – 500; This friend had me worried; I noticed a count of 499 for the weekend and then it went very quiet. I waited and waited but the score card stayed on 499. It is your fault that I went to bed at 02h00. :antenna: Not too shabby, Marge. How does it feel to be right in the middle of the GP cachers – all seven of them? I am glad you had tinkerbell with you when you achieved it – I hope she awarded you well. :antenna: I am sure that last month was your best month.

Thanks Gerhard. Well yes it was a great month. I was blessed to have the wonderful team of Mataqwan and Sevil change their plans for the afternoon after the event and help me find the way along a route to grab a whole lot. Then last weekend I was again doing some late afternoon caches as well as some early (With a babalas after my year end function) morning caches on Sunday before breakfast. Unfortunately I had to head back to Newcastle and meet the most important treasure of all. So with one short my brother came to the rescue and planted a cache for me. About time cause he has been promising one for ages. But the publication didn't go through as he had too great an error on his co-ords. But with the general Idea of which street end it was in we went off to scout it. But we were in no rush.... wait for publication we said. In the end we went and did it late at night without a GPS and just a general idea of where to look. Nice easy find. But rewarding at night as the lights of Accelor Mittal were glowing off in the distance.... great stuff. And finally the 500th was completed. Been an interesting journey to get here.

Here are the days between milestones:

100 in 311 days

200 in 280 days

300 in 210 days

400 in 154 days

500 in 44 days

600 in ?? Days

But right now I think I will be taking a slow down just to get back into a mellow rhythm of search and enjoy. Take in the moment and relax.

And while I am at this page I might as well congratulate Tinkerbell-GP on her first cache that she did without me. OK the owner was standing by to see that she gets it, but it was a FTF that she was chasing all the way from her trip down to the far south of KZN. THe cache was published before she got to Durban and she gave it a skip to go home home thinking it may already have been found. But with a brand spanking new GPS she just had to go and find this new cache. Well done Tinkerbell-GP on your first solo cache and first FTF in Durban. You showed then girl..... whooooop.

Wow it is happening.

DiePienaars – KZ – 750. It was nice to meet them at the KZ event. There was a moment that I thought that my drink was spiked as I was seeing double. But that was resolved quickly.

Krazong – NW – 300. Cool and I hope to find some more of your caches soon. I must pay a visit to your province.

Besem – GP – 1000. Another cool one dude. He swept and he swept and got them all. I was watching this one for a long time. The other day a newbie and now 1000 finds.

I am glad you enjoyed it Wazat and I am glad you had someone special to share it with. For some reason I see you climbing up a rock face – wonder why? :P

Well done to all.

Gerhard

Congratulations Wazat! Very well done!

Thanks TVM.... I still remember trying to get to a hundred. Felt like forever. Now on to the 1000.... Gonna get tougher from here on though. Although the regular trips inland are proving fruitful and with Tinkerbell-GP getting her GPS yesterday I thing they are gonna be even more fun.... LoL.

I am glad you enjoyed it Wazat and I am glad you had someone special to share it with. For some reason I see you climbing up a rock face – wonder why? :P

Gerhard

Gerhard it is just a number... But when you get to share a number with a wonderful person (Shame she didn't make the 150 along with my 500) then it makes it so special. Rock face what rock face... LoL. Right now I need a rest so I climb into my bed.... LoL.

Congrats to DiePienaars. Still remember them been in the 200's round when I started.

Besem well done on the 1000, was great to meet you at the event and do a few together.

My good friends Happy Hunters SA - 300 - Well done guys it was fun when we first started chasing the newbies and everywhere we went we found the beads. Just beaten by the Happy Hunters. Every cache that we did. Untill I found one.. I did a song and dance and Tinkerbell-GP guessed right, we beat Happy Hunters.... LOL

Krazong, well done on the 300.

And a few more

rodnjoan - 800

Urban Hunters - 1250

Danie Viljoen - 650

Mystic Boer = 50

slangvz - 100

Congrats to Tinkerbell-GP who has just this minute found her 150th cache.

And to add this morning.

Tinkerbell-GP - 150 (MWAH!!!)

JPMZA - 100

FlyingSyringe - 100 (Sorry that Tinks beat you to a FTF on this one but hey I am to blame I think. I told here about it while she was in the Kokstad area - had a slight heads up I am afraid. She was still down the coast when it got published so I informed her and she punched in the co-ords and still left it till after she had gone home first. Just bad luck you didn't find it the first time round).

Edited by Wazat