Milestones

Noddy

Well done on the following achievements.

adysally (400), The Huskies (450), Lord Drinian (100), Danie Viljoen (600), Antron (800), rodnjoan (750), Gasman (100), battlerat and pussyc..., (900), ECMJ (100), GreenJaM (850).

Danie is going for more and more. Looks like his trying to get to the 1000 before Christmas. (LOL) I noticed that the cacher finds are growing exponentially. Gerhard

adysally (400), The Huskies (450), Lord Drinian (100), Danie Viljoen (600), Antron (800), rodnjoan (750), Gasman (100), battlerat and pussyc..., (900), ECMJ (100), GreenJaM (850).

Danie is going for more and more. Looks like his trying to get to the 1000 before Christmas. (LOL) I noticed that the cacher finds are growing exponentially. Gerhard

Wow a good batch - I also noticed a good few Earthcaches in Danie's latest finds - a new EarthCache Masters level should not be far behind.

Wow, Wazat got to them !!!! You are going to receive a lot of phone calls from me. You did some difficult ones which gave me problems. Well done - 500 before Christmas is now on the cards. :)

I am going to Pilansberg somewhere in November – drop me an e-mail if you want to go with. You should enjoy the caches in this area. The Americans with me during the previous visit was not impressed when I asked them to leave the vehicle so that we could get closer to the lions. This was done at one of those fences off areas. I noticed that the lions are ready for the hunt and when they started to run closer to the fence to get in position I knew that they are ready for a kill and I could see the target. About ten of them was lining up in one huge line. When I turned around the Americans were back at the vehicle. At that point I could not determine if the fence is intact. I noticed damage to the trees inside the fenced off area done by elephants and the security of the fence was thus in question and I had to leave quickly. By the time we drove around the hill the lions had their kill and we missed it. B)

Well done to the Wessies for the 100. Yes, they are from MP. I noticed their name for the first time at the Botsabelo caches and then again at Baboon rock and then again at Machado. Keep going guys; we are only a few in MP. Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Difficult? Which ones? I found all of them pretty easy enough. I think the only one I battled with was the one at Sundowners but I was not really trying hard enough. I tried to call you as you had been there and I got through to some other guy. I lost all my numbers and the ones on my computer loaded back. Still have your old number it would seem.

Whould love to go to Pilansberg but I am pushing it as far as travel goes. Still want to make it for Geo936's event the Durban one in December and then another trip to Durban the week after for the year end function at work... busy busy busy...

500 by Christmas... do-able but I would need to do more travelling... eish. Didn't really see it as my goal but who knows?

What about Coert Steynburg. Last time I was there I had a couple of elderly people breaking themselves with laughter. It is hard to search while someone is laughing behind the curtains. Guess, I was in the wrong area or maybe I just look real funny to them. B) I will send you my phone number offline.

To get to 500 before Christmas is possible and your target is set. You like challenges so you have one with your name on it. I like it when my e-mail is flooded with cache finds. I hope I can say well done to many more cachers for this festive season ahead for example RedGlobe planning for Natal. This year many cachers have reached new milestones and if I look at the graph of yearly finds then 2010 will be a new year with many more good milestones with a couple of new names. Is there any one that is planning for some milestones in December – always interesting to read about them?

Gerhard

The Huskies (450), Lord Drinian (100), Danie Viljoen (600), battlerat and pussyc..., (900),

The Huskies have 1,450! (Well 1,469 actually.)

Well done to Wazat for finding the FTF’s in Gauteng published after the event. It looks like another 4 for the day and total of 21 for the lovebug. Next stop is Durban. I am getting worried now. One of these days he will pass me. Well done, it is not easy to bypass the Gauteng cachers. Was this planned? Take them all for a hike, make them tired and then find the FTF’s? :) Gerhard

Ha ha, Why you think I was just ambling up the mountains most of the time? I was conserving energy for the FTF's. Yes I was taking it easy up them hills.... Did anyone see me break a sweat? Actually I had no idea of the new caches... I heard someone mention new caches nearby but didn't see any listed when I looked. It was only later after the event that I noticed the new listings. Even so we had a few kilo's to drive and I really didn't expect to get any of them as a FTF.

Actually I was quite surprised that Tinkerbell-GP and I got them FTF's I was expecting much fiercer competition in GP. Found out the next day that Happy Hunters were right on our tail. They were chasing their first FTF and missed it 3 times because of us... So I shared the last one with them once I cracked the clue, they battled with that part or they may have got a FTF on it without me.

So a few milestones were reached. My 75th FTF (On 76 now), Love Bug's 21st FTF (All consecutive) and Happy Hunter's First FTF.

Anyway you guys now have new competition for the FTF race.... you never know when I may be lurking in the shadows ready to pounce.....

Thanks, I have some homework for this weekend to complete before I can call myself a platinum earth cacher.

Tomorrow we are off to Botswana for 2 days and guess what – only one cache is in the area and he had a DNF so I have a very slim chance to add Botswana to my list. Just maybe I must start to plant a cache for every visit we do in Botswana. We are planning to do one next to our factory in the little hills as a test to see if it last. Again, thanks.