Milestones

Noddy

WOW…..just to put things in perspective…..they did my Tonteldoos cache two weeks ago with their 2300th find…..and now they will do their 2500th find two weeks later on the final Tonteldoos cache…..IMPRESSIVE.

Even more impressive is the time iPajero spend to log the two race bugs in and out of all the caches, WITH photos. GO team iPajero!

iPajero found the final and last tonteldoos cache. I was present when he logged his finds as 2500 and counting. It was a great honour to watch this team in action. Today I actually enjoyed this cache much more than the last time when it was done with competition. Well done iPajero and I hope there are many more. Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Well done iPajero on the 2500 finds... an achivement that many of us one day dream of reaching. And then to do it on such a great cache as the final Tonteldoos one. That is a landmark of note. Still a long way for me to go to reach that one, with all the outstanding clues needed to get it. One day.....

Well done Bruce TP - 250 finds this past weekend. Well done.

And if you get that Earthcache hidden - you'l qualify for silver earthcache masters!!!!

Much of that achievement is owing to GreenJaM for including me on his caching expeditions without which I fear I would still be languishing in double figures. Thank you too, to GreenJaM for presenting me with the 250 find achievement geocoin at the start of our southerly escapades today. Another 17 for the morning!

As for the earthcaches, I had plenty of means, motive and opportunity while I was in the Kruger Park this past week. Now I just need to do the research and button them down.

Baie dankie Cincol, Henzz and Bouts, ek waardeer dit.

Net een probleem - hulle het gese ek mag nie meer praat met die mense aan die ander kant van die 1000 cache find draad nie. (LOL) :unsure: Jammer.

Bouts, het jy gesien dat ek 'n draai daar by jou cache gemaak het. My GPS het my laat sweet. Ek is deur al die townships op pad Noorde toe - ek het plekke gesien wat nie bestaan nie. Ek is op stadium deur 'n boer se grond dwarsdeur en aan die ander kant uit. Eers aan die ander kant het gestaan "Hier skiet ons, en skiet ons weer". Gelukkig was dit vroeg in die oggend en so teen 02h00 is dit normaal om met 'n balaclava en 'n pet met donker vensters deur die township te ry. (LOL)

Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

A few more movers and shakers. Congrats guys.....

besem - 900

Jin & Tonic - 350

Leon St - 200

Shaka & Shakespeare - 150

MnCo - 150

dillylama 150

E82 - 50

Gerhard, it is close to my milestone but I need to hold out for a nice high one. A FTF knocks on my back door but another soars way above me where mighty rivers flow. Either that or the one that was once found and overlooks all the rest in the country. Tough decisions... and my trusty little "4x4" has given up finally... so I have stopped just short of a milestone now. But in time.... it will be done.

Thanks to all for the well wishes – there was a moment that I thought no one noticed it. (Lol) B)

The next 1000 should come quicker. After all I have a Besem behind me that wants to sweep me around. We are now going into short time due to the economic climate. Basically I will no longer work on Fridays – this will become an additional caching day. I only have to learn to stop smoking and then another R900 is available to smooth things a bit. See even when things are bad there is always a plus point. Timmo I think I will skip the coin. Imagine I write the following – “Please donate some money so that I can award myself with a coin”. The cachers will stone me and probably set fire to my caches. (LOL) :D

Well done to the following guys.

dillylama (150)

besem (900)

MnCo (150)

Jin & Tonic (350)

Shaka & Shakespeare (150)

Leon St (200)

E82 (50)

gwily (150)

Stefanoodle (250)

Gerhard

Congratulations to the following cachers that I have just noticed:

dillylama (150)

besem (900)

MnCo (150)

Jin & Tonic (350)

Shaka & Shakespeare (150)

Leon St (200)

E82 (50)

gwily (150)

Stefanoodle (250)

Excellent to see some new names in the mix.

also good to see besem doing some homeland caches for the big milestone. Good luck for the quest for 1000 in SA.

and speaking of that - WELL DONE Gerhard and team - a great milestone to make the 1000. Keep going and keep on inspiring with your diversity, quality and good caches you hide too.

Hey guys...well done on all your finds - besem, gerhardoosMPsa, etc.!! That is awesome! Can't believe how quickly you guys got there....guess you don't have little bambinos to slow you down :( .

Gerhard - moenie worry nie...we wouldn't let you arrange your own coin....we have our ways and means and you will be surprised!! Just don't get to the next duisend too quickly so that we have a chance to organise it - hee hee!! ;)

We've been off the forums for a while, still catching up with everything (took us a whole week to log only 10 finds from our short break in the bush!!).

Forgot to add - Gerhard you must definitely give up smoking....not just for saving some cash but for your health and those around you! We want you to be caching and making us smile for many years to come! :)

Edited by GEO936

I am busy with the non smoking process. There is only one problem. If I can’t find a cache then I normally take a smoke break and then I find it. Guess, I will have to find another method. Ok, if you see a middle age man jumping up and down at your cache and talking in strange languages to the trees, rocks and anything close to him please ignore him – just the withdrawal symptoms of 40 to zero kicking in. :(

I will only get to 2000 finds in two years from now and as RedGlobe was saying that is a long way from here. First I have to pass FE, RG, UH and that is not easy to get pass the experienced.

Congratulations to Besem for his visit to my caches and more important – getting some more tonteldoos caches on his hit list. Besem I am waiting for your story on “Stone huts” – I want to discover if varsity has managed to loosen the creativity juices inside of you. All the cachers in RSA will now watch you and this cache. :) Remember there is a coin up for grabs for the best story so it should motivate you. Best of luck. Gerhard

Maybe not a geocaching milestone, but a milestone none the less!!

Congrats to Marika & Andre (Team Ginger) who will be tying the knot on Saturday, 17th October! Everything of the best to you guys and may you have many happy and memorable years together!!

Best wishes from the GEO936 Team xxx :D

Congratulations to "Die Swart Kat" for reaching your 100 so quickly. It was a privilege to meet you and share some of those caching finds with you. May you go to many more.

Hey Guys thank you so much... What a privilege to be part of such a amazing adventure. And being able to meet so many people, whom have now become good friends..

And to GreenJaM for introduce me to this. Thank you!!!!