Milestones

Noddy

Dakartrix, Ek sien jy maak die pap dik aan. Ek sien jy jaag hom met 18 finds so twee dae terug. Ja ek sien almal, party mense roer die getalle.

Geluk met jou 200, sal jou moet dophou, dit lyk asof jy kompetisie kan wees. Die manne hier in MP is baie stil, net Land Rover, Fish Eagle en fpspringhorn wat nog baie roer so in die stilte. Geniet dit. Gerhard.

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Congratulations to:

Cabey – 200 (while on holiday in Durbs) :(

Dakardrix – 200 (catching up quickly) :):ph34r:

Neville Bailey – 300 (Now the milestone of finding your own cache GCK7NC) :anibad:

Jors – 300 (Mmm yes you are picking up speed now) :grin:

Well done on your achievements

Edited by RedGlobe

Congrats to:

Cabey & dakardrix - 200

Neville Bailey & jors - 300

Well done on your achievements!

Congrats on your 200 as well eragonSaphira! Think our goal must be to chase RedGlobe, if we work together we'll catch him by 2010 B) Hey, that sounds like a nice challenge - 2010 caches by 2010! B)

Dakartrix, Ek sien jy maak die pap dik aan. Ek sien jy jaag hom met 18 finds so twee dae terug. Ja ek sien almal, party mense roer die getalle.

Geluk met jou 200, sal jou moet dophou, dit lyk asof jy kompetisie kan wees. Die manne hier in MP is baie stil, net Land Rover, Fish Eagle en fpspringhorn wat nog baie roer so in die stilte. Geniet dit. Gerhard.

Ag wat, nothing to fear, net 'n eager newbie wat nie weet hoe om te stop nie - Hallo my naam is dakardrix en my laaste cache was 'n week gelede... (cheer) B)

Die eintlike ou om dop te hou is GreenJaM...

Dakartrix, I feel bad to read that you have lost your cell/GPS at the Noly – Slagdam. I was close to this area and so were a lot of other cachers. If you only had my cell phone number I would not have hesitated to help you. I was probably not more than 10 km away.

I am sure if we phoned your number we would have been able to find it as it is cell phone.

I had first hand experience of this and it does put panic in your mind. I lost my GPS at Green Heritage. I took a day to recover from the shock and I drove all the way back to Nelspruit the next day to search for it. You can ask Fish Eagle about this one. I found it after a couple of hours. I had to retrace my steps from the top of the hill to the bottom. Fish Eagle was so kind to offer assistance but I had to sidestep him a little bit. I did not want him to battle with my stupid mistake. If I had no luck finding it then I would have called him.

Strange enough I was thinking about similar lines. I battled with two caches and I could not get hold of the cache owner. Soon we are planning a raid for Newcastle again. The obvious person for this area is Wazat, please keep your phone close I will contact you if I hit another “Fools Gold”.

Most of the areas do have one dominant cacher or cache owner. I think we must have a contact telephone number if we visit these areas. We are planning a raid in June for Limpopo and I will need contact details in case we are getting stuck. Most of these caches are not found regurlary and it is safe to assume that we will hit more DNF’s in this area. Ok, I also know that some people will abuse this and will phone you during any searches longer than 1 minute. In your case it could have been prevented the loss if it was possible to contact someone.

Only my thoughts.

Gerhard

How did the above end up in this thread?

Congrats to Pooks on your 200 finds and tom&son for the 100.....

Strange enough I was thinking about similar lines. I battled with two caches and I could not get hold of the cache owner. Soon we are planning a raid for Newcastle again. The obvious person for this area is Wazat, please keep your phone close I will contact you if I hit another “Fools Gold”.

Gerhard

Gerhard you are more than welcome to give me a shout when in the area. My card will be in my caches but as the charger for that phone is only a car one I have an alternate number. Please feel free to PM me and I will give it to you. I am open to cachers visiting in my area for hints and tips or even if possible to get together. Generally I will say look under the rocks or something but you probably did... No really I have no problem giving the odd clue or two. But at least suffer a bit before hand. Believe me I prefer to suffer for half a day before I will give in. I did that just yesterday and trust me it had to be one of the best caches I have ever done even if it did require a push in the right direction. This is supposed to be a fun pastime, some times frustrating but we all have our limits of endurance. But some of us also have our limits of travel. I never like to be far away from home and let one cache get me down, then I need to just pick up that phone and get at least another hint. But always state what you have done to start with. Where you have searched etc.... Then I can get the general idea of what type of hit or advice to give.

I agree, get to know who your local cacher is and get in touch as one day they might just do the same.

And you might just have to read the page for "April Fools Gold" again. It explains it in way too much detail in the page somewhere.... When you are there you will then see what I mean.

Edited by Wazat

Well done huskies with the 1300 and little clan on 150...

Ysbeer also went past the 250 mark under the radar.. well done buddy... See if you can get the 300 before the next team member slows you down....

And here is another interesting one we discovered last weekend while I was caching with Rhino... He had 333 finds and 22 hides. I mentioned to him that there was just one more interesting fact he missed, no 333 was a FTF so it was 333, 22, 1. Great stuff and an unplanned figure... maybe you can ad 0 DNF's for the day LOL.

Cslyoda & Strider_SA and Cincol well done on the 100 finds

Small mention to my son Geo-Croc, he found his 25th today. Well done lad. He is getting the hang of this quite well now. Don't need to help him as much. I still need to let him get at more of the stealthy ones such as Noddy's hides but then I remember he found Llandalf Oratory before me. So watch out people. I have a cacher in the making here....

Thanks for the wishes eveyone. At last - yes!!

Great to have been able to co-ordinate it that we could all have our 100th on the same cache. Took a bit of organizing but we did it today at the POW Cemetary in Cullinan.

Well done to cslyoda and Strider_SA from me as well. See if you can get to 200 in the next 6 months. I certainly will not!

cincol

in SA at the moment!