Pt/pa Cm Planning, Pooling & Preparation

Allanon

Thought people that were interested in attending the new Cache Machine and wanted to do some planning for carpooling and possible room sharing to have a place for discussion.

Looks like Port Townsend might be the place to stay since it's at the end of the route.

Off to check into the hotel availability...

We spent a long weekend there a few weeks ago and we stayed in the Palace Hotel. It was beautiful. It is right downtown Port Townsend a block from the water. They have several different prices for rooms. Check out Palace Hotel. There is parking behind the hotel. Several caches within walking distance. They serve breakfast in the "off" season. It was nice to park behind the hotel and be able to shop the downtown area.

The hotel is haunted though. The second floor is where they hang out. We were on the third floor. No problems. Scout, the dog, didn't have any problems either. There is a ghost hunters convention coming in September (I think)

We didn't see an elevator, so if stairs are an issue watch out.

We were in the Miss Pearl room. The room was very nice, clean, and had a great view of the water. No air-conditioning, but there was a ceiling fan and a regular fan in the room. They allow pets with a pet deposit. No pets on the furniture though. It is within walking distance for the ferry.

We will stay there again, if we can convince our son. We didn't tell him the hotel was haunted until after we left. He wasn't too happy with us.

I have to recomend the Silverwater cafe. Delicious. The Fountain cafe is good also, but a little exotic.

Terrible Ts

Lil Miss Attitude

My wife stayed in PT a few weeks ago and the hotel she stayed in, a different one than the TT's, was said to be haunted also :lol: . I wonder if haunted hotels is a gimmic in PT. Maybe it's the same ghost traveling from place to place. :lol:

There's a couple of them. There's even a multicache ("Haunted Port Townsend") which requires you to stop by a few of them, and some other haunted locations, too.

The only hotel i ever stayed in (before moving here) is the Belmont on Water Street, in downtown, opposite of the Palace Hotel. The Palace is on the Haunted list, but the Belmont might as well be too. I loved it.

Not as fancy as the Haunted Manresa Castle, though...

My wife stayed in PT a few weeks ago and the hotel she stayed in, a different one than the TT's, was said to be haunted also :lol: .  I wonder if haunted hotels is a gimmic in PT.  Maybe it's the same ghost traveling from place to place. :lol:

Not as fancy as the Haunted Manresa Castle, though...

That was the place she stayed, Manresa Castle, she even stayed in the "haunted" room, but I guess the ghost was scared of her as it never showed.

I knew it was something Castle but couldn't remember what.

So are we getting hotel rooms or doing the big communal living thing?  :)

It's so hard for me to keep up when I'm not by the computer! (and no, I've not been caching!)  :)

From what I understand LandRover will be finding out if it is available today.

The commune has already been taken so everyone keep your original plans. :)

So are we getting hotel rooms or doing the big communal living thing?  :)

It's so hard for me to keep up when I'm not by the computer! (and no, I've not been caching!)  :)

From what I understand LandRover will be finding out if it is available today.

The commune has already been taken so everyone keep your original plans. :)

Rats! Oh well. Another good idea shot down.

As much as I'd like to stay the weekend, I can't. I'm looking for carpooling buddies. Is anyone willing go for just the day, leaving O dark hundred?

I'm looking at the same thing.... and with gas the way it is, sharing a ride with someone is probably a good idea.

I'm in the far north end (Everett/Lake Stevens).

Anyone got a van that we could all chip in on gas for and do the cache machine in?

That was the place she stayed, Manresa Castle, she even stayed in the "haunted" room, but I guess the ghost was scared of her as it never showed. 

I believe the ghost has changed rooms. We saw it when we stayed in room 321.

I showed Bug-A-Boo your post and Room 321 was the room she stayed in also but thinks someone must have been messing with you as that was not the ghost she was looking for.

I'm thinking of either staying at the Olympic Hostel or at the Waterstreet Hotel. The clerk at The Waterstreet says they're just about booked up, though, and she's waiting on an expected cancellation before she can let me know if something's available.

I'm leaning towards the hostel, but am concerned that with dormitory-style beds, I'll wake up someone when I leave at 5:30 a.m. to get to the bridge by 6:30.

(It didn't seem to irritate anyone at McMennamins in Edgefield at the Portland Cache Machine, though.)

Anybody want to be my navigator, or have an extra seat I can fill? I did Bremerton II solo, and it got pretty dull there at times.

Edited by travisl

Hi all!

I'm seeing if anyone in the Federal Way/Tacoma (south Puget sound area) is going to the PT cache machine. I can't go up Friday night, but can leave anytime Saturday morning (no matter how early it may be) and am looking to come back Saturday night.

I can help pay for gas, and offer my geo experience (if it is in full capacity, sometimes it lapses, especially on 1 star caches).

If so, send me an email or post here.

Thanks,

Steve