Other Use For Geocoins?

Lord Steel

I know Geocoins are used for trading, tracking and collections. Did anyone thought of other uses for a Geocoin?

One use can be as a Challenge Coin and anyone in the military might know what is a Challenge Coin? In some gatherings someone will start by challenging a person who is known to carry a challenge coin to produce their coin. The challenger would raise it or tap in on the bar and the person challenged have 60 seconds to produce the coin. If the person can not produce a challenge coin within the specified time they pay for the drinks. Drink are not required to be alcohol, but it can be soft drinks (pop, cola) or any reward the two individuals agreed on. If the person was able to produce a challenge coin, the one who started the challenge pays for the round. If a coins was dropped and it hits the floor, the owner is obligated to buy drink to anyone who hears or see the coin hit the floor (if they have their challenge coin). B)

I don't think most cachers hang out in bars. I see your point though. But usually it's easier to spot another military person, whereas cachers are not always easily spotable. And yes I carry at least one geocoin with me everywhere. I'm ready for the Challenge! :huh:

I guess I must not associate with "most cachers" :(

All of our meeting occur in bars. I am aware of one cacher who re-located from Portland to somewhere closer to the Midwest (but not quite that far) only to discover that the local meetings occur in a library :huh::)

That challenge thing might work here in Portland. Of course there would be just one designated coin holder and we'd all take turns buying the round when it was our turn :D

:D:o :o It is quite funny all the ideas here!! From what I hear and see it is a family thing to GeoCACHE

The geocoins are impresive and it would be nice to use them in other ways.

:lol::o:oLots of fun and good for mind, body, and family.!!!!!!!!! :lol::o:lol:

Edited by kevin&marya
Did somebody say "shotglass"?  :D

Could be an interesting game for an event. It would be funny to watch all the collectors trying to remove their coins from thier binders in 60 seconds!

If you ever decide to host an un-event in your neighborhood, the "challenge" would be a lot of fun. I'll be sure to bring your signature shotglass, and a bottle of something strong. :D