One Question For People Who Arent New To This

geomonies

when placing your own cache is it posible to put a lock on it and have the combonation on the website so muggles cant steal it B)

You can try, but you have to remember that locks only slow people down not stop them. If someone finds your box and wants to steal it/steal whatevers inside a lock isn't going to stop them.

when placing your own cache is it posible to put a lock on it and have the combonation on the website so muggles cant steal it :huh:

The multi cache with the combo is good. Often I'll just see the blue dot on my GPS as I'm driving by. I'd hate to find it and still have to log a DNF as I have my share of them already.

I would be stymied as It is rare for me to carry such information with me. But the idea is sound. If I was the property manager, however, I would probably not appreciate you padlocking items to the property I was entrusted with. ... if it's your own land, then go for it.

If you're doing it to add a twist to the geocache hunt, its a great idea. If you're doing it to discourage theft it may have the opposite effect.

If a non geocacher comes along and finds a geocache, they open it up, see what it is and in many cases return it to its hiding spot. Now if they come along and see a locked box, they are much more likely to wonder what's inside, take it home and get out the hacksaw or sledge hammer.