The Red-handed Coin Payment Page

Lemon Fresh Dog

We would be very keen to buy one of these. Just getting in to geocoins-they look good on profiles and i think its great to be able to track there movement. Could you ship to the UK - how much would Postage be? Thanks. :lol:

Hello all,

I will ship international -- no problem. I am not sure of what the shipping would cost, but I "think" that it would be about $5 for the 1st coin and about .75 for eeach coin after.

If you are international and wish to buy, you can just order the coins you want off the PayPal site. When they arrive, I will contact you with the revised shipping cost and you can pay the difference (or revise/cancel the order if you wish).

Just as an FYI, international shipping for me for one coin thus far has been about twice the regular postage. I've mailed to germany, The Netherlands and the UK thus far. To canada it's been about .25 more.

3 have been bought by me!!! by the way what is the icon going to be?? I suggest a red hand!!!

It will be the stadard coin icon -- we cannot get a custom icon unless we are an organization and pay a fee for it. This would also mean we'd need to order many more coins.

Currently, we are at 326 coins ordered, with more orders arriving. I'm pretty pleased thus far with the response and think we'll all have a fun coin that will hopefully travel a little!

It looks as if we are getting very good numbers on this. I am sending an e-mail to Groundspeak today to ask about the 500 TB numbers and also contacted the manufacturer yesterday. The line-art should be here today or tomorrow.

I also checked the cost to bump up to 1000 coins, however the savings is only .10 per coin at this point.

As a note for anyone doing their own coin. The price differences between 100, 300, and 500 coins are significant. The *sweet* spot seems to be 500 coins at $2.63 per coin (in this case, a simple coin, few colours, etc, etc). This means that it is very feasible to produce a 500-run set of trackable coins for just under $4.50 per coin! (the coins here are $5 to cover PayPal fees).

As another note, Aaron Weed at Coins and Pins has been nothing but helpful -- I highly recommend them!

And.... as anothere note. When mailing coins, I recommend a cardboard mailer (I had a couple issues with my geobone and Post Office sorting equipment). These will all go out in mailers.

And.... as anothere note.  When mailing coins, I recommend a cardboard mailer (I had a couple issues with my geobone and Post Office sorting equipment). These will all go out in mailers.

Not to derail the thread....

Were you using the bubble wrap mailers?

On these coins I will be using something similar. On my personal coins, I attached them to a "certificate" with tape (the coins themselves were in little bubble wraps).

The problem was that with my personal coins, I had the best of intentions in sending them letter post (not an option after Sept 19th here) -- which means that coins I mailed last Thurs\Fri started reaching folks on Monday! However, this turned out not to be the best idea as severl envelopes arrived "munched" -- so, live and learn, I am adjusting my containers to accomondate aggressive sorting machines.

(in my defense of the original decision to go letter post, I have recieved many coins this way with no problems and I clearly marked the customs forms so that they *should* have been hand-sorted)

Anyhow .... we now return you to your regularly scheduled ordering thread.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog
3 have been bought by me!!! by the way what is the icon going to be?? I suggest a red hand!!!

It will be the stadard coin icon -- we cannot get a custom icon unless we are an organization and pay a fee for it. This would also mean we'd need to order many more coins.

Currently, we are at 326 coins ordered, with more orders arriving. I'm pretty pleased thus far with the response and think we'll all have a fun coin that will hopefully travel a little!

Standard coin icon

We're at just over 345 coins sold now. It looks as if the final figure minted will be 500 in total (which works perfect for tracking numbers -- you need 500 minimum). This will leave me with about 100 after I sell to locals.

So in the next few months, I can probably sell a few here and there (especially if they are a hit and actually travel!)

If I need to order more due to last minute folks I will.

haha! Local cachers - I will set-up an event or we can meet during one of our regular, new monthly meetings.

Tonight was a flurry of coin orders, so I'll do my PayPal download into Excel and get the final total. Once I close the orders, I'll total it, round up to the nearest hundred and order the tracking numbers. (see project plan in the other thread)

okay! The ordering is closing in 12-16 hours (Thursday evening). I will then tally the total orders and send another note to Groundspeak re: tracking numbers (I've submitted the art for approval).

Line art remains pending, but we can expect that soon. Maybe I'll even be able to get the tracking numbers and place the order by months end! That means we can look at anywhere from end of Sept to end of Oct for hot little coins in our hands! (pardon the pun)

[

Hello all,

I will ship international -- no problem. I am not sure of what the shipping would cost, but I "think" that it would be about $5 for the 1st coin and about .75 for eeach coin after.

If you are international and wish to buy, you can just order the coins you want off the PayPal site. When they arrive, I will contact you with the revised shipping cost and you can pay the difference (or revise/cancel the order if you wish).

Very well. Paypaled for 2 coins. Just let me know what the additional shipping fee will be.

Project Status Update:

The project is on schedule. I have closed payment via PayPal on the 15th and tomorrow morning I will check my mailbox for any mailed payments. Then, the numbers will be finalized.

I have sent an e-mail to Groundspeak to find out how they want the payment for the tracking numbers.

I have the final lineart done (Coins and Pins) and they are ready to go once I send them the money!

I have purchased mailing labels and cardboard mailing envelopes this weekend and will be getting these ready in advance.

So.... depending on Groundspeak, we may get this project ahead of schedule as long as we are able to buy the numbers on a timely manner (they say it takes 1-2 weeks)

I'll update each week so that folks are "in the loop"

Project Status Update:

The project is on schedule.  I have closed payment via PayPal on the 15th and tomorrow morning I will check my mailbox for any mailed payments.  Then, the numbers will be finalized.

I have sent an e-mail to Groundspeak to find out how they want the payment for the tracking numbers.

I have the final lineart done (Coins and Pins) and they are ready to go once I send them the money!

I have purchased mailing labels and cardboard mailing envelopes this weekend and will be getting these ready in advance.

So.... depending on Groundspeak, we may get this project ahead of schedule as long as we are able to buy the numbers on a timely manner (they say it takes 1-2 weeks)

I'll update each week so that folks are "in the loop"

Thanks, LFD. That's more than a lot of the geocoin projects do. Some of them haven't updated in a couple of months. Which is really annoying to those of us waiting. :rolleyes:

Well, status reports are each week, but I suppose I can do this weeks report early <_<

Yesterday (Friday) I recieved instructions on how to pay for the tracking numbers from Groundspeak. They require that the coin numbers all begin with "PC" for Personal Coin.

This coming week I will:

1) Have the line art revised to reflect the "PC" requirement

2) Submit the tracking number payment and revised line art to Groundspeak

Then, Groundspeak will send me the numbers and off to the coin maker they go!

I can take a look -- I have to download all my PayPal payments for a final time when I print the mailing labels. As long as your name is in the notes field I can let you know.

Better yet. PM me your REAL name (although I'm sure I could look it up from Geobone trading.... so nevermind).

I'll PM you tomorrow with what/if you ordered.

For anyone wondering, just check your PayPal account, history, LemonFresh@bergdoll.net payment -- this will tell you the number you ordered.

Welcome to the WEEKLY STATUS Report.

As promised, here is the next weekly status report. (do the weeks go quickly or slowly when waiting on a coin! :ph34r: )

This week I sent payment to Groundspeak for 600 tracking numbers. Once these numbers are sent to me -- the coin can be ordered! Whoo-hoo.

So, we are right on shedule according to the original Project Plan. We may even get a little ahead of schedule now.

I'm also working on the "owners" cards design and will post images once I am done (at the very latest I'll post next weeks update with images)

Supplies for shipping are on-hand, so I may go ahead and start the labels as well if I get time, but given that I still need both tracking numbers and coins -- that task is off the critical path (so far :) )