Our Virtuals Being Archived

Having given the subject much thought we have decided to archive our virtuals GCGGVB and GCGGVP as we do not wish for them to be swallowed up in the new Waymarking site. :laughing:

Anyone wishing to log them has untill 2100 next Sunday 18th September.

Thank you to all that have visited both virtuals.

It is a shame that they would inevitably be swallowed up amongst the dross on the new site if not archived.

Edited by Cave Troll & Eeyore

As I understood it, that's not going to happen(?) 'New' Virtuals will have to go to Waymarking.com, but existing ones are Grandfathered and will remain on GC.com, as caches, for as long as setters want them to.

If I'm wrong perhaps a Reviewer would tell me/us the actual situation - as I have a virt in London myself. If it's not going to remain on GC.com, I would also archive it as I have no interest in Waymarking either.

SP

As I understood it, that's not going to happen(?) 'New' Virtuals will have to go to Waymarking.com, but existing ones are Grandfathered and will remain on GC.com, as caches, for as long as setters want them to.

If I'm wrong perhaps a Reviewer would tell me/us the actual situation - as I have a virt in London myself. If it's not going to remain on GC.com, I would also archive it as I have no interest in Waymarking either.

SP

I hope your right Paul.

If so i too will leave em on the site and not archive em.

Lets hope one of our esteemed mods will let us know soon.

What SP has said is my understanding too. I have been on the "new" site and it is not intending to import virtuals from GC.

New ones will not be allowed on GC. Those already present will remain, however, the setters are being asked to consider moving them over to the WM site.

Don't put a time limit on your caches. SHOULD they later be moved, do it then.

Oss!

AFAIK Jeremy has said that no virts will be moved over to the new site. For the moment they will be allowed to stay but new ones will not be allowed.

He has said at some point in the fuure they may all be archived but this has yet to be decided. I cant see the point in Archiving them myself ...but then I cant see the point in the new site ether :laughing:

FWIW our feelings are the same as CT&E and our virts will ether stay here or disapear completly.

Chris