Powertrail Submissions

I've only done a couple of, what you'd call, Geocaching Powertrails, but I was wondering if downloading of "tracks" for GPS's would be possible? It's hard to put together these types of hikes when I travel, and having some centrally located list of loop hikes, or one way hikes, would be kind of useful.

Of course, this begs the other question: will ARC files for waymarks along a route be a feature that's implemented?

Edited by Touchstone
I think that what you are asking for is more likely to be an implementation of the current favorites lists, but with some new capabilities (such as getting a .loc file from a list).

--Marky

I was actually envisioning something a bit more. I'd like a trail of "bread crumbs" to follow on the GPS. The problem with Favorite Lists is that aren't neccessarily up to date (Archives, Disablings, New Caches/Waymarks). I'd like to just see what routes other people have taken (and not necessarily loop hikes).

I was actually envisioning something a bit more. I'd like a trail of "bread crumbs" to follow on the GPS. The problem with Favorite Lists is that aren't neccessarily up to date (Archives, Disablings, New Caches/Waymarks). I'd like to just see what routes other people have taken (and not necessarily loop hikes).

Thats a great idea. I'm not very up on all of the latest technology and software, but if I remember right now programs like easyGPS currently don't support storing bread crumbs. I know I can download them from my Garmin into MapSource and have seen a small handful of other programs that will take them, but not many. Is there a standard way of saving and exchanging breadcrumbs out there between all of the different types ofGPSes?

Dave