Your Pic As Avatar

ADKcachers

Personally, I see the avatar as a creative outlet, not as a venue for my mug.

Personally I see it exactly the opposite way. My avatar is a small version of my profile page picture. It is a picture of who I am. When you see a post from me, you see me next to it.

Frankly I think "cool avatars" are in the same class of oxymoron as "cool ringtones".

I've noticed that many cachers use their picture as part of their avatar. Is it vanity? Is it the ultimate expression of identity?

Hey, that's just me.

You got me to thinking... why can't it be a venue for one's mug? Most of us know each other by some form or fashion... so it makes it a bit more personal. Anyway, based on that, I decided to update my avaatar.

Personally I see it exactly the opposite way. My avatar is a small version of my profile page picture. It is a picture of who I am. When you see a post from me, you see me next to it.

Frankly I think "cool avatars" are in the same class of oxymoron as "cool ringtones".

*DING DING DING*

You are correct!

No photo avatar for us - too many people for that teeny tiny spot! :lol: We do have some pics on our profile page, but even then are missing 2-3 of our team members. With a few more caches I hope we'll get everyone's picture up.

Besides, this avatar is our team logo. Now if only I can figure out how to add a kilt... :laughing:

Edited by Team WorldPeaceTurtle

All the talk of avatars and kilts in this thread has convinced me to finally upload my own avatar. It got munged a bit by the matter transferrence beam, but here's how the original looked (and yes, this is a dead ringer for me):

a4876580-d43e-4697-9aff-252d9b247f8d.jpg

(Make your own superhero here.)

SUUUURE! <_<

I just use my honeymoon picture. Special Ops Medical Assoc meeting 1997. Yes, I honeymooned at a conference. Conference was already scheduled and I got married 3 days before. So I bought tickets for my wife, while I was in class, she was swimmming and all that stuff. (it's the best picture of just the two of us) :rolleyes: