Your Pic As Avatar

ADKcachers

29bafaab-306a-49e9-add8-63fba400ec02.jpg

OK! Call it peer pressure if you want, but I've been wanting one since a little while after Saxman's event. There's supposed to be a whole kilt thing goin' on at his next campout:

2885cbce-cc06-4cae-835f-afc68e37295a.jpg

BTW: I like the urban camo kilt. I'd actually wear that one. The turtle kilt is cool to. :lol:

Edited by Snoogans
I've noticed that many cachers use their picture as part of their avatar. Is it vanity? Is it the ultimate expression of identity?

Personally, I see the avatar as a creative outlet, not as a venue for my mug.

Hey, that's just me.

If you can see my mug in that li'l avatar pic, you've got a better monitor than I do! :lol:

I like motorcycling, and I like caching. I frequently manage to do both at once. So my avatar shows my other addiction - my motorcycle.

(plus, with my limited computer abilities, that's about as creative as I can get!)

:lol: I guess I am a little confused as to why people don't use their profile page for real pictures of themselves and their avatar to do what avatars, in my opinion, are meant to do: amuse and confound.

I am not condemning anyone in any fashion.

Difference is what makes this world fun to experience. :lol:

To AMUSE === That's exactly why I DO use my picture. It has a "Big Hill" sign pointing at my belly. Sorry -- but that's FUNNY.

:D I guess I am a little confused as to why people don't use their profile page for real pictures of themselves and their avatar to do what avatars, in my opinion, are meant to do: amuse and confound.

I am not condemning anyone in any fashion.

Difference is what makes this world fun to experience. :D

I totally agree with deimos, why do so many 'cachers try to hide their identity. It's not like we're an organization of secret agents, or if someone figures out who you are you'll no longer be able to bag an FTF. In some ways, I feel that obscuring your identity is a form of deception which lessens our sense of community and overall hurts the hobby. IMHO :D

BGB

But, this IS a picture of me!

This seems like dejavu. Didn't we discuss before in some avatar thread how being impaled by a weather vane must be painful???? :D:D:D

Edit: I found it now. That 5 star cache, I remember now..... :D

The wounds are almost healed!

Good! Just be careful on the next 5 star cache and please don't suddenly post an avatar with that weather vane going all the way through! I would really worry about your health then! :D

Hey, one of the original geobabes!

Yes, women can wear kilts, and no kilts are not the same as skirts.

And Crim, wait a few weeks before starting that thread, so I can add a few pics of my own! :P

Kilt #1 isn't even here yet and I'm already looking at #2.

Yep, and getting more and more babe-like... but that is for another forum topic.

So, how is married life treating Mopar? Or is that another geo-topic, too?

:)

I like avatars that show a sense of humor.

I like avatars that have something to do with a handle.

I like personal avatars that help to show what a person looks like.

I don't think that personal avatars are always vanity, but more of a way of helping someone to visualize who they are talking to, much the same as looking someone in the eye while talking in person. But I also figure that if someone really wants to see what I look like, they can look in my profile.

You only get one choice, so take your pick.

Snow Birds

SnowBirdsani.gif

Edited by Snow Birds
One of the Texas Vikings 

Posted: Sep 12 2005, 02:08 AM

(Lesbaru @ Sep 9 2005, 04:35 PM)

I'm stunningly beautiful, a red-headed green-eyed babe who causes mere mortals to go weak in the knees and swoon with delirious desire. In order to protect the public I only have my hand in my avatar.160008_200.jpg

Didn't I divorce you, once ???? :blink:

More modesty, please. At least wear a glove. :blink:

edit: 28f0f053-90c8-426c-8480-6d3ca3b94fcc.jpg

Edited by Robespierre

Those utility kilts are great!

To put an end to the age old questions of what's under a kilt. The answer is quite simple. Just ask the person wearing it, if they are a Scot, you will soon have your answer.

Member of St. Andrew's Society of the Middle South, member of Clan MacPhearson of the Clan Chattan Confederacy.