The Only Mcd's Without Gold Arches

I found this tidbit, and couldnt resist letting someone know about it.

The McDonalds in Sedona Az has the only teal colored arches anywhere. This was done to conform with the "atmosphere" the city wanted to maintain. If any premium members are interested, please have at it. I wont be in Sedona for quite awhile.

Directions: I-17 to get to Sedona from Phoenix; take the AZ-179 exit- exit number 298, turn LEFT onto AZ-179 (14.52 miles), turn LEFT onto AZ 89A. (2.27 miles). The billboard advertising the McD's is off AZ-179 in the village of Oak Creek.

I found this tidbit, and couldnt resist letting someone know about it.

The McDonalds in Sedona Az has the only teal colored arches anywhere. This was done to conform with the "atmosphere" the city wanted to maintain. If any premium members are interested, please have at it. I wont be in Sedona for quite awhile.

Directions: I-17 to get to Sedona from Phoenix; take the AZ-179 exit- exit number 298, turn LEFT onto AZ-179 (14.52 miles), turn LEFT onto AZ 89A. (2.27 miles). The billboard advertising the McD's is off AZ-179 in the village of Oak Creek.

Yes, find it!

Very cool!

This is exactly the kind of example that we'll start to see around waymark categories. The bounty concept will hopefully be a way for people to motivate others to go out, find, and mark these locations. Even McDonalds restaurants can be considered "wow" locations.

There are a few themed McDonalds out there. There is one near me that is unique and I'll be listing it soon. Unless someone else beats me to it.

I remember a 50's theme McDonalds when I lived in Illinois. I thought it was at or near Gurnee Mills Mall but when I googled it all I got was this Onion story about the 'Not Quite Perfect' McDonalds. I bet this one would get someone a very high bounty. ;)

Forgive the pun.....

I'm lovin' it!

That to me is the proper way to Waymark... find unusual examples of the Catagory... and those are great.

Now, if Monpelier Vermont ever gets a McD's... I hope someone posts it.

I believe, or I am outdated, that MontPelier Vermont is the only US State capital that doesn't have a McD's

;) The Blue Quasar

Still scratching my head as to why a McDonalds was waymarked just because it was in the city of Euclid, Ohio, just because the city was named after the Greek Mathematician. Many cities are named after somebody or something....

That, if a straight line falling on two straight lines makes the interior angles on the same side less than two right angles, the two straight lines, if produced indefinitely, meet on that side on which the angles are less than two right angles.

[the 5th postulate]

I don't think that's the design to the golden arches. So the goal is to catalog everything pending a good enough reason to.

I have to laugh when I think of what I heard a fellow geocacher say this morning at a dog park. She didn't feel much like cleaning up after her dog when she said:

Well, maybe I should just waymark it, do you think the city would care if I left it then?

I personally thought the McDonalds category was lame, but I will be looking out for interesting McDonalds like the ones I mentioned already, as well as another one I know of in Tucson. This from someone who doesnt go to McDonalds, ever.

Anyone want to claim the McDonalds at Kolb and Tanque verde in Tucson, the one with the dinosaurs on its grounds?

I read about the one that is in NYC, with a baby grand piano in it. How cool is that?

How about:

A Kosher McDonalds

A McDonalds that serves beer

A McDonalds that serves mayonaise with fries

???

Kosher - can't help you, but the McDonalds near Hauptvache in Frankfurt, Germany qualifies on both of the remaining counts (beer and mayonnaise) - at least it did about 20 years ago.