Popluarity Filter Display Bug

I find that when I click to a new page and the popluarity filter is default to 70%, there is not the fancy little bar04.gif image showing me graphically as when you actually click to 70%. It is there however, when the page defaults to 80%. It is always there when you click to the desired % though. Did that make sense?

Also, perhaps this has been mentioned before but i would expect that clicking an image that looked like this scale_r2_c1.gif would cause something to decrease and this scale_r2_c12.gif would cause it to increase. The popularity filter seems to be opposite. Or am I just thinking impure things about the filter and graphic scale?

I find that when I click to a new page and the popluarity filter is default to 70%, there is not the fancy little bar04.gif image showing me graphically as when you actually click to 70%.  It is there however, when the page defaults to 80%.  It is always there when you click to the desired % though.  Did that make sense?

Also, perhaps this has been mentioned before but i would expect that clicking an image that looked like this scale_r2_c1.gif would cause something to decrease and this scale_r2_c12.gif would cause it to increase.  The popularity filter seems to be opposite.  Or am I just thinking impure things about the filter and graphic scale?

This is fixed now

Also, perhaps this has been mentioned before but i would expect that clicking an image that looked like this scale_r2_c1.gif would cause something to decrease and this scale_r2_c12.gif would cause it to increase.  The popularity filter seems to be opposite.  Or am I just thinking impure things about the filter and graphic scale?

What about this part? I might just be misunderstanding the true meaning of the filter but it seems that increaseing the % also increases the amount of categories listed yet you need to click the down arrow to do that. That seems backwards but like I said, I might be misunderstanding it.

edit: typo

Edited by mini cacher

What about this part? I might just be misunderstanding the true meaning of the filter but it seems that increaseing the % also increases the amount of waymarks listed yet you need to click the down arrow to do that. That seems backwards but like I said, I might be misunderstanding it.

We see it as increasing the threshold. If you click the up arrow, you are making the popularity threshold higher. You are becoming more selective in what you want to show. But I see your point about how the top X% decreases while pressing the up arrow. This is somewhat confusing. But it's not technically a bug.

We'll throw the topic around in the next few days and see if there isn't a better idea that makes more sense. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bootron

I can see it your way too but think it is visually confusing without further explaination in that small space. Visually it would make more sense if the arrow on the left pointed left and the arrow on the right pointed right... rather than down or up. Then it becomes a visual representation of moving the sliding scale left or right and doing so adjusts the % accordingly. Yet still holding to your explanaiton of the filter threshold. Just my take on it.