Hunt Idea For My First Cache

g0t0pless

I have an idea for my first cache that I'm going to place for others to find. I want this to be more challenging than just find the location with your GPS, but I want it to be easy enough that it is enjoyable.

So here's my idea:

The first set of coords will be posted in the decription. You go to that location, which will be a tree or fencepost or something similar. On that tree will be a small metal plate 1/2" X 1" or so with coords on it. You enter those into your GPS and go to that location. The 2nd location could be a few miles away, or might be within walking distance. Once there, you will see a roadsign with numbers on it (such as a speed limit sign). Enter those numbers into the blanks to complete the 3rd set of coords. Once you've got your 3rd set of coords, you go to that location at night. Using those reflective trail markers, you navigate to the final location.

I am also looking to implement some kind of "you need to bring this with you" to open the cache, like maybe a paperclip to open a lock, or a cup of water to float a key to the top, of a small tube or something like that.

Ideas? Suggestions?

One thing to keep in mind is cache maintanance. more parts to a multi equals more chances that you are going to have to make inspections of the cache, this can be very time consuming. Also the price of gas being what it is may effect how many geocachers will complete the cache.

Being this is your first hide. make a few dry runs to make sure the coordinates are correct for each stage.

Thanks for the input guys.

I was going to incorporate some math skills, and maybe some basic common sense problems into the equation as well.

I really like the idea of using the small metal tage to attach to things, since they are pretty much unnoticeable unless you know you are looking for them.

Use ideas like I posted a link to - that can help you avoid breaking the rules...

Find something, and work it into your idea, do some crazt math - or make the math fit the hide..... etc-

(quoted from link provided above)

These are listing guidelines only.

interpretation of these, and how/where you decide to hide it will be the real discerning factor. Be smart. Dont cross the lines - but make it work and be fun !

I have some more examples, PM me if you want them.