Waymarks...the Ultimate Power Of Place

I think that waymarks, should be a palce, to get that insider travel information. A lot of GPS users don't have a place to get travel information.

Restaraunts, rest areas, and sporting events that type of thing.

If I'm planning a buisness trip, and I want to know where a itialian restaraunt, I could enter in the city, state, or zipcode, and look for restaraunt waymarks i nthat area, a catagory would be itialian, and then I could read other peoples stories about that great place, and get cordinates.

Discussions would be posted about what to eat, popular servers there, time to avoid, if they take credit cards, hours of operation telelphone numbers ect ect.

Personally neat information like that is what I would like to see the Waymark community evolve into.

Geocaching is the SPORT for finding caches, and recreation. And Waymarks could be more location based as the diffrent types of locations. Lodging, Food, attractions, recreations........ that type of thing.

But the users can comment if they have visited a aplce, and their experince.

I believe that this resource if properly maintained, could be a reason people would buy a GPS device. If someone knew they could go to this site and find specific information about anyplace in the world, that is a powerful thing.

Sort of like the wikipedia has been to the open source enclypedia, Waymarks, could become the next internet travel guide for the power of place.

Personally, travel information brought broad into specific would be great! Thanks so much!

Wow. What a great first post to the forums. Please don't make it your last one; I like reading intelligent posts like that.

My vision for Waymarking is a little bit different than yours, but I am excited as well. And that is part of what makes it cool... the same website is flexible enough to serve different purposes for different people. The challenge will be to provide the tools so that people will be able to find what they need while ignoring what they don't need. We see the beginnings of that toolset through favorites lists, popularity filters, location filters, multiple locations, etc.