Announcing Joefrog's Famous Geocoin!

joefrog

They came in on Friday!  Woo hoo!  :D  :o  :lol:

joefrog.jpg

How cute and colorful! Is it ok to call it cute?

I like it, ya done good young man.

Pepper darlin', a man with a frog on his coin must be confident enough in his own masculinity to accept the word "cute". :lol: In fact, it's uber-cute!

I'm going to go out on a lilypad here and say that in my personal opinion, Joefrog's coin is one of the coolest looking personals out there. However, it still pales in comparison to any coin with elephant butts on it. :lol:

I'm going to go out on a lilypad here and say that in my personal opinion, Joefrog's coin is one of the coolest looking personals out there.

Hey, thanks! :lol: One of these days I'll telll ya'll the story behind all the symbolism (hidden and not) on the back of the coin.

However, it still pales in comparison to any coin with elephant butts on it.  :lol:

:D:lol::o

JOEFROG! (needed to get your attention)

Hey, I got my coin and when I went to pick it up I had 3.02 cents do for shipping :cry: !

So, I wanted to let you know that your package has to be the thickness of a CD case inorder to ship it first class with Delievery Confimation. Since it wasn't, and then you put a delievery confimation on there, they shipped it Priority and charged me the shipping cost.

No big deal, just thought I would let you know. LOVE THE COIN!!!!!!!!! The post office guy wanted it :huh: !!

JOEFROG! (needed to get your attention)

Hey, I got my coin and when I went to pick it up I had 3.02 cents do for shipping :P !

So, I wanted to let you know that your package has to be the thickness of a CD case inorder to ship it first class with Delievery Confimation. Since it wasn't, and then you put a delievery confimation on there, they shipped it Priority and charged me the shipping cost.

No big deal, just thought I would let you know. LOVE THE COIN!!!!!!!!! The post office guy wanted it :huh: !!

Ouch! Sorry about that... In four states over many years, I've NEVER had a problem mailing anything... until now. The postal workers here in NYC are completely jaded, and more than a few I have encountered have been complete JERKS. Some of them truly need to have their name on their shirt.

Looks like I'll have to stop using delivery confirmation, since they're going to act that way. I just can't imagine someone who sits in a room all day, measuring the thickness of "parcels" to make sure they are up to standards. (Or rather, BELOW them) :cry::P

Having a Postmaster in the family is helpful sometimes. I sent the message Ladycacher posted earlier to a Postmaster and this is the response that I received:

"Hey, I got my coin and when I went to pick it up I had 3.02 cents do for shipping !

So, I wanted to let you know that your package has to be the thickness of a CD case inorder to ship it first class with Delievery Confimation. Since it wasn't, and then you put a delievery confimation on there, they shipped it Priority and charged me the shipping cost."

Reply from Postmaster:

This is a fluke in the computerized “Click n Ship” system that lets you mail for first class rate but then lets you add Delivery Confirmation. We have been instructed to just ignore it and not charge extra postage until they can get it fixed – evidently this District isn’t doing that, wherever it is. Delivery Confirmation is only available with Priority Mail which starts at $3.85 or on parcel post which is something heavier than 5 ounces that doesn’t need to be sent first class.

The thickness doesn’t have anything to do with it – if you send it first class and it weighs less than 13 ounces, you can’t add Delivery Confirmation.

Reply from Postmaster:

This is a fluke in the computerized “Click n Ship” system that lets you mail for first class rate but then lets you add Delivery Confirmation. We have been instructed to just ignore it and not charge extra postage until they can get it fixed – evidently this District isn’t doing that, wherever it is. Delivery Confirmation is only available with Priority Mail which starts at $3.85 or on parcel post which is something heavier than 5 ounces that doesn’t need to be sent first class.

Well, it wasn't Click n Ship -- each and every one was given to a person at the counter. I have sent around 50 of the same type packages, each with delivery confirmation, and that's just for THIS coin. :huh:

I WOULD have used the "self-service" machine, but the machines here can't print the smaller postage-stamp sized sticker like they can back home (why, no one has been able to explain to me). The big postage sticker won't fit on my items, so I have to go to the counter for service.

Reply from Postmaster:

This is a fluke in the computerized “Click n Ship” system that lets you mail for first class rate but then lets you add Delivery Confirmation.  We have been instructed to just ignore it and not charge extra postage until they can get it fixed – evidently this District isn’t doing that, wherever it is.  Delivery Confirmation is only available with Priority Mail which starts at $3.85 or on parcel post  which is something heavier than 5 ounces that doesn’t need to be sent first class.

The thickness doesn’t have anything to do with it – if you send it first class and it weighs less than 13 ounces, you can’t add Delivery Confirmation.

That's weird, 'cause I've always sent my coins 1st class mail with delivery confirmation. And it's always been from the counter at the local post office. Sounds like maybe some of the offices don't know what they're doing! :huh:

The post office in New York City makes up new rules every time I go in there... you just have to be current with the flavor of the day and hope it aint decaf! :rolleyes:

"But i shipped them like that yesterday" says I.

"Not in here, you didn't."

"This little receipt says i did." says I.

"Well, someone was yanking your chain."

"They couldn't have, cause i broke it last week."

Oh well, good luck with the deliveries people. I had my first 'lost-in-the-mail" occurance this past weekend.

The post office in New York City makes up new rules every time I go in there... you just have to be current with the flavor of the day and hope it aint decaf! :ph34r:

"But i shipped them like that yesterday" says I.

"Not in here, you didn't."

"This little receipt says i did." says I.

"Well, someone was yanking your chain."

"They couldn't have, cause i broke it last week."

Oh well, good luck with the deliveries people. I had my first 'lost-in-the-mail" occurance this past weekend.

I've had one coin I sent not arrive (or at least I have not received an update that it did arrive). I've had problems with 2 coin trades coming to me, one early on (and it was indeed lost in the mail) and one currently. There's also one more I'm concerned about. That's about a 1.5% failure rate for the amount of coins that I've sent and received.

Anyone who is expecting a Joefrog coin and has not received it, LET ME KNOW!  Send me a reminder or something... with all the trades flying around, I really don't want to forget anyone!

Haven't received it yet, but I'll wait until the mail is delivered today to make sure.

Yours hasn't been sent yet. I don't think you ever sent me your address!