Guk.coms New Look

First impression is that it looks a bit cluttered on the front page.

Not happy about the lack of support for the & character. We're already unable to receive any PMs on here. Seems we are now second class citizens there as well.

Looks like we can all log in as each other until everyone gets around to changing passwords.

T

I like the new look. It is a great improvement - I just wish that it wasn't fixed width. I hate websites like the new GC.com and this new GCUK.com that waste most of my expensive monitor by only putting everything down the middle 50%. It is also looks unprofessional the way the site jumps from fixed width to proportionate as you move around, but I guess you just need time to either put it all in irritating fixed width or making it proportional like it was before. If sites really must be fixed width, do as the best do (news.bbc.co.uk) and flush everything left. That way, if I want to use the rest of my screen for something else I can just resize the window - try that with GCUK.Com - entertaining the first time you try, but bloody irritating by the third time you have to go through the process to get the right sized window.

The new site looks great and anybody would think you were being paid :D

Thanks for continuing this great and invaluable service through some difficult times. :D Now if only you can make Deego create the COTM table in double quick time I'll love ya forever! :D:D:D

EDIT: To make sentences make sense. Does that make sense?

Edited by The Hokesters
Still cant get in and cant get a password reset as it says that the email address I normally use is not the one registered with my acoount  :o  :o

I've just managed to log in OK as "Matrix". You are using 'pass' without the quotes as your initial password, aren't you?

DOH ..... I was trying to use my old password :blink: all sorted now :D

I like the new look. It is a great improvement - I just wish that it wasn't fixed width. I hate websites like the new GC.com and this new GCUK.com that waste most of my expensive monitor by only putting everything down the middle 50%.

Agree 100%! The priority was to get the off the Windows server before 10th Sept, when our hosting ran out. (No way I wanted GeocacheUK funding Microsoft!). Now that I have a test system up and running, I can start tweaking html pages until it fits OK on larger screens, without affecting anyone when I get it wrong!