Eu Geocoin - Orders Now Being Taken

Folks

Do the rest of us CARE if you paid, thats a personal thing

Malcolm

It was meant as a polite note to let Alex know things had been sorted - PayPal can sometimes be a bit tardy in its responses.

Sorry it necessitated a response from you. All I can add is, in the words of my kids, "Whatever!" :blink:

Took me a while to sort this one out. On your order, you entered your email address with a "comma" instead of a "full stop" between aol.com

I though you normally get an error when you have a malformed email address; as your ISP's DNS server checks that the domain exists, before it even leaves your email client.

Or as I suspect Alex spoofs his emails with a bogus email address and does not use his ISP's email server for outbound emails. :ph34r:

Milton (aka moote)

I presume to save you the hassle of going back and forth to the post office all of the coins will be posted at the same time?

Do you know when you will be likely to send them out?

I think there will be more than one trip to the post office. In fact I'm hoping that in this instance, the post office will come to me. :P

I will start sending them out in UK/Europe on 21st October.

-

Hi

Not sure what I'll be doing with mine - keep one obviously, and put the others in caches I suppose - but does the fact of purchase and/or registering them on GC.com automatically give me the icon ?

If not, is it legitimate to log one in and out of a cache ?

Thanks - looking forward to seeing them.

civilised

It looks like the last box of coins has made it through customs in both Anchorage and Stansted, leaving me with a tax bill from both the US and the UK - deep joy.

They are currently in the FedEx depot just a mile from my house, so I am assuming they will be on the van for delivery on Monday.

There are still five UK orders that are not paid for. Email reminder has been sent.

If there is still anyone who wants some of these magnificent coins ;) then there looks to be enough unpaid German orders that I will have some spare to sell.

alex.

- but does the fact of purchase and/or registering them on GC.com automatically give me the icon ?

Well, it does and it doesn't!

Mine arrived yesterday and i registered it. That seems to have put the icon and name in my owned list. I then dropped it into my own cache and grabbed it again, to start the mileage check off. I dropped it using a note as I didn't think it would be quite right to "find" my own cache, and that doesn't seem to have added an icon to the found list at all. ;)

So if anyone has any better idea how to fix that, please let me know! B)

BTW they look great and well worth waiting for, thank you Alex for all your hard work on this project, it must truly have been a labour of love. B)

- but does the fact of purchase and/or registering them on GC.com automatically give me the icon ?

Well, it does and it doesn't!

Mine arrived yesterday and i registered it. That seems to have put the icon and name in my owned list. I then dropped it into my own cache and grabbed it again, to start the mileage check off. I dropped it using a note as I didn't think it would be quite right to "find" my own cache, and that doesn't seem to have added an icon to the found list at all. ;)

So if anyone has any better idea how to fix that, please let me know! B)

BTW they look great and well worth waiting for, thank you Alex for all your hard work on this project, it must truly have been a labour of love. B)

Swap numbers with someone, and grab each others coins!

For some reason Groundspeak allows you to find your own cache and register it against your stats, but will allow you to pick up your own TB/Coin but won't register it gainst your stats.

I see that the icon is just a standard GC.com coin icon 23.gif is there any chance it can be changed like most other icon's such as Germany's 138.jpg or any of the others below, just to make it a little bit more personal.

Or is this going to cause problems?

143.gif Midwest Geobash Coins

migo.gif Michigan Geocoins

146.gif CC Geocoins

mdcoin.gif Maryland Geocoins

149.jpg Ohio Geocoins

150.jpgNew Jersey Geocoins

153.gif Compass Rose Geocoins

154.gif Tennessee Gecoins

They arrived 15 minutes ago and are absolutely excellent!!! I'm very pleased with them.

Many thanks, Alex.

Glad that you like them. Just so no one gets too excited, everyone who ordered either one or two coins had theirs posted yesterday.

Anyone who ordered more than that will have them posted either today or tomorrow. It's half day at the Post Office today and I'm racing the clock to get some more packages up there.

Hopefully everyone in the UK will have their coins by the weekend.

alex.