San Diego Congratulations Thread

Dr. Boggis

Look who's got a new Yeep!!! Hmmmmm.... Lemme see.... Since its almost exactly like the Blue October, maybe call it the Black April (99)?!? Its a '99 Sport 4L just like mine, with almost the same features and all the cool stuff!!! Now lulu's even cooler than ever!!!

f8e40d88-8c80-4bf6-98a6-210990beefd5.jpg

YIPPEE..............LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

You are now on our Jeepin' list. can't wait for the first run! :rolleyes:

Congratulations Nancy.............

The Splashes :laughing:B)

Thank you!! :D I'm soooo excited and still in shock!! My husband completely surprised me – he and Collin came home from "running errands" with a Jeep and said "happy birthday!" :D Oh my gosh…I can't believe it!! Then I thought, uh oh…how does he know what I'd like??? :laughing: I've mentioned a few things, but then I found out he's been talking to some key people: the Splashes, one of his non-caching Jeeping friends, and Tom. Oh…THAT's why it's so much like the Blue October!! :) No complaints here!! I LOVE it!! Yay!!! I still can't believe it!! Looking forward to that first time out, Janie!! I hope it's more of a "green circle" than a "black diamond" trail to start with. :D:D:D Did I say that I still can't believe it??? :laughing:

:DAll I can say is WoW.....you have a pretty nice husband and little son! :D I was suppose to get a treadmill for my birthday and I'm still waiting. Congrats! I know lots of JEEPers that will show you the ropes...you'll be in good hands! Have fun Nancy!

MMM..... :) Toss up between a jeep and treadmill ;)

Look who's got a new Yeep!!! Hmmmmm.... Lemme see.... Since its almost exactly like the Blue October, maybe call it the Black April (99)?!? Its a '99 Sport 4L just like mine, with almost the same features and all the cool stuff!!! Now lulu's even cooler than ever!!!

Thank you!! :D I'm soooo excited and still in shock!! My husband completely surprised me – he and Collin came home from "running errands" with a Jeep and said "happy birthday!" :D Oh my gosh…I can't believe it!! Then I thought, uh oh…how does he know what I'd like??? :laughing: I've mentioned a few things, but then I found out he's been talking to some key people: the Splashes, one of his non-caching Jeeping friends, and Tom. Oh…THAT's why it's so much like the Blue October!! :) No complaints here!! I LOVE it!! Yay!!! I still can't believe it!! Looking forward to that first time out, Janie!! I hope it's more of a "green circle" than a "black diamond" trail to start with. :D:D:D Did I say that I still can't believe it??? :laughing:

:DAll I can say is WoW.....you have a pretty nice husband and little son! :D I was suppose to get a treadmill for my birthday and I'm still waiting. Congrats! I know lots of JEEPers that will show you the ropes...you'll be in good hands! Have fun Nancy!

Woohoo! Looking great. Congrats on a great Jeep. Hope to see everyone on the trails soon!

Woohoo! Looking great. Congrats on a great Jeep. Hope to see everyone on the trails soon!

Congratulations, Nancy! I'm so excited for you! Whatcha doing next weekend? We have a little trip planned for Big Bear. Nothing big... Would love to have you join us!

Robyn B)

And Congrats to you, too, kawikaturn, for 9000 finds!!!

Way to go condor man and kawikaturn on 9,000 B):mad:

Congrats to condor man and kawikaturn! Huge numbers! You guys are awesome! ;):P:)

cg6cp.gif

CONGA RATS TO ...

condor man and kawikaturn

on 9K! Wowza!

Congrats on 9K Cah-V-cah-turn & condor man!

Way to go condor man and kawikaturn on 9,000 B):mad:

Congrats to condor man and kawikaturn! Huge numbers! You guys are awesome! ;):P:)

cg6cp.gif

CONGA RATS TO ...

on 9K! Wowza!

Congrats to you both! It's a big accomplishment!

Way to go condor man and kawikaturn on 9,000 B);)

Congrats to condor man and kawikaturn! Huge numbers! You guys are awesome! :blink::D:D

cg6cp.gif

CONGA RATS TO ...

on 9K! Wowza!

Great job on 9K! Huge numbers being put up here in Southern California.

18000 at the APE cache! Congrats! Now Harmon can you stick Jim's head on Janie's body?,...she was just a prop....

33d55aa1-cc48-4716-a79e-7eaee25ff1fb.jpg

1172276080-gb-Congrats__Smiley_1230.gifhmmmmmmmm.gif

Amazing KWvers! Just think at Yuma event in February you two were only a measly 15,000!

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! You guys are awesome! How long until 20K, I wonder? :(:(:(

18000 at the APE cache! Congrats! Now Harmon can you stick Jim's head on Janie's body?,...she was just a prop....

Uh, ... what was Janie propping up?

My goodness, 18,000 finds y' say?

Ain't no big deal ... I plan to have

18,000 finds m'self ... in year 2034

when I'm a hunert years old. No,

wait, make that 2134 just t' give

m'self a little wiggle-room.

Whut th' hale are those two drinkin'.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Uh, ... what was Janie propping up?

My goodness, 18,000 finds y' say?

Ain't no big deal ... I plan to have

18,000 finds m'self ... in year 2034

when I'm a hunert years old. No,

wait, make that 2134 just t' give

m'self a little wiggle-room.

Whut th' hale are those two drinkin'.

:(Congratulations!!! You two rock!!! :(

Psst! Snflwrmh passed her brother in the number of caches found category!!!! shhhhh

snflwrmh found E.T. 001 (Traditional Cache) at 7/14/2010

Log Date: 7/14/2010

Who says no to an impromptu 1000+ cache run? Well not me, so when Triple Crown and Lulu499 invited me I was very excited. Not only was this a lot of caches to grab but this allowed me to pass by my brother(BDHARRISAZ) in cache finds. Nothing like a little sibling competition fueled by the numbers.

This trip came together in about 24 hours. Hotels were booked, car was rented, and cachers were gathered. By the time we hit the road we were a group of four.

It was amazing to see how quickly we could move from cache to cache, signing each log as the DLTS(Duncan!, Lulu, Triple Crown, and Snflwrmh). This trail puts the Trail of the gods to shame as far as numbers. Very amazing!

Note to future cachers-It's way the heck out there, so make sure you have a full tank of gas and maybe just a small back up can. Our fuel light went on near Tonopah but we made it. Make sure to have plenty of fluids, especially if you are out there during the summer months. It's hot and you don't want to dehydrate.

Overall-amazing cache trip with a great group of cachers. Thanks for all the work that you put into this series. It will go into my memory books for sure. TFTH

Edited by kwvers!

You are now on our Jeepin' list. can't wait for the first run! :grin:

The Splashes :grin:B)

Thank you!! :D I'm soooo excited and still in shock!! My husband completely surprised me – he and Collin came home from "running errands" with a Jeep and said "happy birthday!" :D Oh my gosh…I can't believe it!! Then I thought, uh oh…how does he know what I'd like??? :grin: I've mentioned a few things, but then I found out he's been talking to some key people: the Splashes, one of his non-caching Jeeping friends, and Tom. Oh…THAT's why it's so much like the Blue October!! :) No complaints here!! I LOVE it!! Yay!!! I still can't believe it!! Looking forward to that first time out, Janie!! I hope it's more of a "green circle" than a "black diamond" trail to start with. :D:D:D Did I say that I still can't believe it??? :D

MMM..... :) Toss up between a jeep and treadmill :grin:

I'm alittle behind on this thread so congrats on the Jeep, Yoda is happy a new jeep to maybe have to rescue. :D:cool:

Congratulations to FlagMan on hitting 10,000 and to Thunder-4 on hitting 6,000 together at the top of Mt. Whitney!! Tim Slaby and Don Zatyko were also there to celebrate at 14,497'. Congrats to all for summitting!! :):D:D:cool:

:grin::grin:What an awesome accomplishment!!! Congrats to you all!!! :grin::grin:

This is a true accomplishment! Congrats to Flagman and Thunder-4! You are both an inspiration!

Congratulations to FlagMan on hitting 10,000 and to Thunder-4 on hitting 6,000 together at the top of Mt. Whitney!! Tim Slaby and Don Zatyko were also there to celebrate at 14,497'. Congrats to all for summitting!! :):D:D:cool:

:grin::grin:What an awesome accomplishment!!! Congrats to you all!!! :grin::grin:

This is a true accomplishment! Congrats to Flagman and Thunder-4! You are both an inspiration!

Thanks, lulu, and everyone else!! It was quite an adventure and a long time in the making. Here's a link to my log on Peak-a-Boo: Mt. Whitney. Lots of pictures on Facebook, too. Randy's pictures will be MUCH better than mine, though. In addition to my own excitement for summitting, it was truly an honor to be with Randy at the top. We both failed on 8/1/07, but Randy had a pretty legitimate reason for not making it. He has overcome that challenge in such an inspirational manner, and I truly am blessed to have been able to be part of this check mark on his bucket list!!

90f739e6-cf98-4ab3-8427-fb6ecf3b4c0d.jpg

Edited by FlagMan

Thanks, lulu, and everyone else!! It was quite an adventure and a long time in the making. Here's a link to my log on Peak-a-Boo: Mt. Whitney. Lots of pictures on Facebook, too. Randy's pictures will be MUCH better than mine, though. In addition to my own excitement for summitting, it was truly an honor to be with Randy at the top. We both failed on 8/1/07, but Randy had a pretty legitimate reason for not making it. He has overcome that challenge in such an inspirational manner, and I truly am blessed to have been able to be part of this check mark on his bucket list!!

90f739e6-cf98-4ab3-8427-fb6ecf3b4c0d.jpg

I was going to say that you guys are always making me look bad;

however, my pillow whispered to me last night and set me straight.

Here's th' deal ... I added up the altitude gain for all of the San DIego

County peaks I've hiked since 2001 and it turns out that my total

altitude gain is larger than your Mt. Whitney altitude gain, you know,

by about thirteen feet more or less. So what's all the fuss about?

Besides, I didn't have a young guy like Randy with his fresh internal

organs helping me up all of my hills, had t' make it with my own aged

organs. Besides, I have t' stop and pee more often than you young

whipper-snappers.

Well, o.k., y' done really good and I'm proud of you and all that but

don't let this high-altitude accomplishment go to your head. Don't

worry about me, I'll be o.k. ... back when I was a boy congratulations

hadn't been invented. If y' did good back then everybody just said

"So what?"

Note to Self: Dang, wish I could do that.

Congratulations to FlagMan on hitting 10,000 and to Thunder-4 on hitting 6,000 together at the top of Mt. Whitney!! Tim Slaby and Don Zatyko were also there to celebrate at 14,497'. Congrats to all for summitting!! :blink::lol::lol::D

599d1325.gifway to go guys 034.gif

Congrats to lulu499 for passing 8,000!! Seems just like yesterday when it was 6,000, and I think she just flew right past 7,000!! Of course, Duncan!, Triple Crown and snflwrmh also clicked a triple digit as well, since they were all together on the E.T. Highway. Congrats to all!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by FlagMan
Congrats to lulu499 for passing 8,000!! Seems just like yesterday when it was 6,000, and I think she just flew right past 7,000!! Of course, Duncan!, Triple Crown and snflwrmh also clicked a triple digit as well, since they were all together on the E.T. Highway. Congrats to all!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

034.gifWay to go everyone of you F.gif

Way to go condor man and kawikaturn on 9,000 :D:lol:

Congrats to condor man and kawikaturn! Huge numbers! You guys are awesome! :P:D:D

cg6cp.gif

CONGA RATS TO ...

on 9K! Wowza!

Great job on 9K! Huge numbers being put up here in Southern California.

Congrats to Kawikaturn and Condor Man on their milestones. Keep it up!

Congratulations to FlagMan on hitting 10,000 and to Thunder-4 on hitting 6,000 together at the top of Mt. Whitney!! Tim Slaby and Don Zatyko were also there to celebrate at 14,497'. Congrats to all for summitting!! :lol::P:D:D

:D:grin:What an awesome accomplishment!!! Congrats to you all!!! :grin::grin:

599d1325.gifway to go guys 034.gif

WoooHooooo Randy and Tom!!!! That was a great achievement.

jahoadi and john silently snuck over 15,000 finds!

Time to shout out a huge Congrats!!! Yippee!!! Yowza!

Congratulations indeed ...

754420e7-40dc-4f74-a3ef-b063903ad962.jpg

Awesome numers from an awesome pair of Geocachers.

Not to mention the huge number of hides they have

placed and the number of times that they have trashed

their Toyota FJ.

Note to Self: To look at that ol' gal you wouldn't

suspect that she's really mean to old men.

Edited by SD Rowdies