San Diego Congratulations Thread

Dr. Boggis

Just to show you the humility, KWVER's visitted with lots of the SD Cachers at the Yuma event and we never heard them even mention thier new milestone, but this does explain the late night caching Jim insisted upon doing. Keep it going KWVER's, sorry we stole your drinking water (forgot it was in our cooler when we left) if your string stops at 15K, you can blame us

Just to show you the humility, KWVER's visitted with lots of the SD Cachers at the Yuma event and we never heard them even mention thier new milestone, but this does explain the late night caching Jim insisted upon doing. Keep it going KWVER's, sorry we stole your drinking water (forgot it was in our cooler when we left) if your string stops at 15K, you can blame us

Cat & Bobby celebrated their 1000 find at the Yuma Event! They are the humble ones! Way to Go!

Edited by kwvers!
KWVERS! must be feeling better...they passed 15000 today!

congrats from JnJ

Congrats all around from the Splashzone! They let it slip while we were eating burgers at Lutes!

Also, big numbers for Cat & Bobby, #1000 was the Yuma Event, welcome to 'four numbers'!!

The Flintstones also made the Yuma Event their 1000th find!! :(:P

You guys rock! Keep up the good work!

It was great to be part of the fun as you opened up the cache for 15,000. Way to go Kwvers! :P:P

Cat & Bobby celebrated their 1000 find at the Yuma Event! They are the humble ones! Way to Go!

Way to go Cat & Bobby on 1,000 000204AE.gif

We know it took us a long time to get to 1,000, but we did it legally. When we first started we were getting dozens of smileys each day, and then Harmon let us know the unwritten rules of San Diego geocaching, without him we would have continued simply finding and logging caches, thank you Harmon. In case other new cachers don’t know these rules they are something like this.

UNWRITTEN SD GEOCACHING RULES

1. Always thoroughly clean and vacuum any cache you find, replace any missing or worn camo, make improvements to the container and swag in an amount equal to no less than $10.

2. Check the physical log sheet signatures against all those who have claimed the find (and report any discrepancies to Harmon).

3. After finding the cache your whole group must leave singing popular show tunes at high volume.

4. Every cache you find must go on a list and you must revisit all of these annually performing all of the above steps (he confided that some cachers only revisit every other year)

5. You can only log as many caches as Harmon finds, (he pointed out that we could log more by simply adding his name when we signed the log sheet and then writing something witty when we logged his new find)

We know it took us a long time to get to 1,000, but we did it legally. When we first started we were getting dozens of smileys each day, and then Harmon let us know the unwritten rules of San Diego geocaching, without him we would have continued simply finding and logging caches, thank you Harmon. In case other new cachers don’t know these rules they are something like this.

UNWRITTEN SD GEOCACHING RULES

1. Always thoroughly clean and vacuum any cache you find, replace any missing or worn camo, make improvements to the container and swag in an amount equal to no less than $10.

2. Check the physical log sheet signatures against all those who have claimed the find (and report any discrepancies to Harmon).

3. After finding the cache your whole group must leave singing popular show tunes at high volume.

4. Every cache you find must go on a list and you must revisit all of these annually performing all of the above steps (he confided that some cachers only revisit every other year)

5. You can only log as many caches as Harmon finds, (he pointed out that we could log more by simply adding his name when we signed the log sheet and then writing something witty when we logged his new find)

It warms my ol' heart to see that somebody cares about Geocaching as I do.

Actually I've thought up some more rules so now the rules can be referred to

as the Geocaching Ten Commandments ... if only I could remember what the

new ones are.

Oh, yes, the one new rule I now recall is that Newbie cachers must carry a

supply of logsheets, pens and pencils, swag, and containers just in case there's

a need for them at any of the older hides. Extra points if they look after hides

of the SD Rowdies. As for experienced Geocachers, really, would it kill y' t'

follow the same rules as th' Newbies?

Oops, wait a minute ... another rule is coming through. Rule seven is that the

person that won Cat's painting of Carveacre Wind Caves must turn it over to

me for safe keeping until I cross-over the river. As it is when I awake for

wee-hours pee-time my pillow starts nagging at me about that painting.

I thank you for your attention,

Poor ol' Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

By the way, some of you probably don't understand what

is meant when I say that "my pillow whispered to me." If

there is a wide-spread interest in the matter then I'll post

a technical brief on the issue. For now just accept that

pillows are the least understood factor in maintaining a

a balanced state of mental health.

You're welcome,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

You're welcome,

Harmon

:blink: Your pillow whispers? Mine cries out to me...please do tell!

Edited by jahoadi and john

You're welcome,

Harmon

000201C7.gif

You're welcome,

Harmon

By popular acclaim, here it is as requested -

Start with what we know, that Self is centered in our mind, yes? That is to say

that Self is of the form of neurological activities of the mind; you know, the

electrical and chemical processes that link the neurons of the mind. Yes?

We know as well that neurological activities can be sensed using electrodes

placed on the scalp, yes? So one can surmise that one’s Self is leaking through

and escaping from the skull and scalp, yes? Of course.

When awake and about there's nothing whatever except perchance cap, hat, or

a hood in contact with the scalp. However, during hours of sleep it is common

for scalp and skull to be in close association with a pillow, in fact a good chance

to be in close contact with the very same personal pillow night on night, week on

week, month on month, and year on year. Can you not see that pillow feathers

or fibers are exposed regularly to the neurological signals that are the essence

of your Self?

Well then, here it is in simple form … as you lie on your pillow night after night

an increasing measure of Self exits your skull and is absorbed by the feathers or

fibers of your pillow.

Know also that as you lie down on your pillow the dark and dreary aspects of Self

settle downward in your skull and the light, happy aspects of Self separate upward

as oil is to water. See then that a pillow must absorb the nearby darker aspects of

Self at expense of the lighter aspects of Self that float above. Thus it is that the

portion of Self absorbed by your pillow tends toward the dark and dreary aspects

of life. Yes?

So it is that when awakened during the peeing hours and lying there awake on the

pillow then the pillow's darker aspects of Self will reconnect from your pillow into

your consciousness in the fashion of a wireless hot-spot … should have, could have,

would have, why didn’t I, and so on come to fore you see. In my own case I

settled on a simple phrase of reference, saying for simplicity that “My pillow

whispers to me.”

There are important other findings -

A. Senility and Alzsheimer’s; you guessed it, a result of an entire lifetime lying on

the very same pillow. This condition comes when the portion of Self absorbed into

the pillow exceeds the portion of Self retained in the skull.

B. Loss of memory as an old man grows old; simple that his wife keeps replacing his

pillow.

C. Old couples so alike that they can complete the other’s sentences; indeed, a result

of swapping pillows too often during change of sheets.

D. Family pets that start to look and behave like their owners; you guessed it, a result

of the pet sleeping too long on the owner’s pillows.

E. Really grouchy old timers … a more complicated issue. You see there’s a different

absorption rate for different sorts of pillows. In the olden days pillows were stuffed

with goose down. Goose down has the very highest absorption rate followed in order

by duck down, chicken down, chicken feathers, cotton, and synthetic fibers. Old

geezers lived in the days of hay-stuffed pillows and so suffer and effect known as

absorption reversal wherein the lighter parts of Self soak entirely into their pillow

leaving only the dark aspects of their nature behind. In medical terms this condition

is referred to as GOB.

All this I know because I made it up,

Harmon

Note to Jodi: A pillow that screams indicates that you Munch your pillow at night.

Edited by SD Rowdies

You're welcome,

Harmon

<_< Your pillow whispers? Mine cries out to me...please do tell!

placed on the scalp, yes? So one can surmise that one's Self is leaking through

for scalp and skull to be in close association with a pillow, in fact a good chance

to be in close contact with the very same personal pillow night on night, week on

or fibers are exposed regularly to the neurological signals that are the essence

of your Self?

Well then, here it is in simple form … as you lie on your pillow night after night

an increasing measure of Self exits your skull and is absorbed by the feathers or

fibers of your pillow.

Know also that as you lie down on your pillow the dark and dreary aspects of Self

settle downward in your skull and the light, happy aspects of Self separate upward

as oil is to water. See then that a pillow must absorb the nearby darker aspects of

Self at expense of the lighter aspects of Self that float above. Thus it is that the

portion of Self absorbed by your pillow tends toward the dark and dreary aspects

of life. Yes?

So it is that when awakened during the peeing hours and lying there awake on the

pillow then the pillow's darker aspects of Self will reconnect from your pillow into

your consciousness in the fashion of a wireless hot-spot … should have, could have,

would have, why didn't I, and so on come to fore you see. In my own case I

settled on a simple phrase of reference, saying for simplicity that "My pillow

whispers to me."

A. Senility and Alzsheimer's; you guessed it, a result of an entire lifetime lying on

the very same pillow. This condition comes when the portion of Self absorbed into

B. Loss of memory as an old man grows old; simple that his wife keeps replacing his

pillow.

C. Old couples so alike that they can complete the other's sentences; indeed, a result

D. Family pets that start to look and behave like their owners; you guessed it, a result

of the pet sleeping too long on the owner's pillows.

E. Really grouchy old timers … a more complicated issue. You see there's a different

absorption rate for different sorts of pillows. In the olden days pillows were stuffed

with goose down. Goose down has the very highest absorption rate followed in order

geezers lived in the days of hay-stuffed pillows and so suffer and effect known as

absorption reversal wherein the lighter parts of Self soak entirely into their pillow

leaving only the dark aspects of their nature behind. In medical terms this condition

is referred to as GOB.

Harmon

Note to Jodi: A pillow that screams indicates that you Munch your pillow at night.

You had me worried there for awhile.

I think the wife swaps pillows to often, she always knows what I'm thinking. 000203DD.gif

<_< Holy Cow! Look at all the milestones!!! ;)

The Iron Mom - 600!

Bon Scott, Cat & Bobby, Ol' Mossback and Dr. Boggis - 1000 finds each!

BoysnBarrie - 2000!

Kawikaturn - 8000!

add all those up and throw in a few extras to find the kwvers at 15000!!!

:) Congratulations everyone!!! :laughing:

Congratulations everyone!!! Here are some pics of the kwvers! 15,000 find!

41dcf26a-7c16-40b1-9070-48dd7bc6cf2f.jpg

46bef5e7-80bc-49f0-bd21-88dbb0bbdfd2.jpg

41fbfc0a-0ce5-4745-9720-5f179b25990d.jpg

deabeb5a-b638-43e1-8839-fa9176fd062d.jpg

06031e27-aabc-4413-b4e8-c93783ea152c.jpg

ec9080c9-2852-4cb3-8673-0442b93b800b.jpg

You're welcome,

Harmon

of your Self?

fibers of your pillow.

of life. Yes?

whispers to me."

A. Senility and Alzsheimer's; you guessed it, a result of an entire lifetime lying on

pillow.

C. Old couples so alike that they can complete the other's sentences; indeed, a result

E. Really grouchy old timers … a more complicated issue. You see there's a different

is referred to as GOB.

Harmon

I think the [my] wife swaps pillows to often, she always knows what I'm thinking. 000203DD.gif

As a self-appointed educator I'm thrilled to see such a high level of interest

in the Self-absorption expose. If by chance interest increases, say, doubles.

then I might be encouraged to post my lecture notes for the graduate-level

course that offers sure-fire strategies for optimizing the benefits of pillow Self

absorption. I leave it in the hands of readers.

Edited by SD Rowdies

You're welcome,

Harmon

;) Your pillow whispers? Mine cries out to me...please do tell!

of your Self?

fibers of your pillow.

of life. Yes?

whispers to me."

pillow.

is referred to as GOB.

Harmon

I think the [my] wife swaps pillows to often, she always knows what I'm thinking. 000203DD.gif

course that offers sure-fire strategies for optimizing the benefits of pillow Self

<_< Now let me get this straight...if I change my pillow I lose my mind and if I sleep on John's I start thinking like him? Harmon..I truly believe you've been sleeping on straw...'cause your mind is long gone!

You're welcome,

Harmon

of your Self?

fibers of your pillow.

of life. Yes?

whispers to me."

pillow.

is referred to as GOB.

Harmon

Dear Harmon,

I'm afraid I'm somewhat shocked (and concerned) after reading your Self-absorption expose. Perhaps it was a slight oversight, as I know how busy you must be. Was it your intention to leave out the ever growing buckwheat pillow population? I'm curious about the absorption rate as it pertains to buckwheat hulls. Please advise.

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Edited by boysnbarrie

You're welcome,

Harmon

of your Self?

fibers of your pillow.

of life. Yes?

whispers to me."

pillow.

is referred to as GOB.

Harmon

Dear Harmon,

I'm afraid I'm somewhat shocked (and concerned) after reading your Self-absorption expose. Perhaps it was a slight oversight, as I know how busy you must be. Was it your intention to leave out the ever growing buckwheat pillow population? I'm curious about the absorption rate as it pertains to buckwheat hulls. Please advise.

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

Sleeping on Buckwheat is an entirely different matter.

That's what makes y' say "Otay" a lot.

Say, have you noticed that Jodi is more of a grouch

than usual nowadays? I'm worried about that ol' gal,

yes I am.

Your pal,

Harmon

Dear Harmon,

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

yes I am.

Your pal,

Harmon

<_< I had no idea I said "Otay" a lot due to my pillow ... no one ever told me! Maybe twice a day, or so I say it ... Otay Lakes Road and Otay Ranch High. But what does that have to do with pillows and absorption?? What about Euro pillows? What about pillow shams? Ohhhhh, I just got the Otay thing ... LOL. Wow, I'm laughing now! That was funny!

I haven't noticed Jodi being "more of a grouch" lately ... quite the opposite, in fact, she's always a real gem whenever I talk with her. Hmmm, ya think it might have something to do with you calling her "that ol' gal", Harmon?

Looking for my pillow,

Barrie

Dear Harmon,

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

yes I am.

Your pal,

Harmon

:laughing: I had no idea I said "Otay" a lot due to my pillow ... no one ever told me! Maybe twice a day, or so I say it ... Otay Lakes Road and Otay Ranch High. But what does that have to do with pillows and absorption?? What about Euro pillows? What about pillow shams? Ohhhhh, I just got the Otay thing ... LOL. Wow, I'm laughing now! That was funny!

I haven't noticed Jodi being "more of a grouch" lately ... quite the opposite, in fact, she's always a real gem whenever I talk with her. Hmmm, ya think it might have something to do with you calling her "that ol' gal", Harmon?

Looking for my pillow,

Barrie

Whew, glad you finally got it about Buckwheat ... O. Tay.?

Hate to have not one but two good ones go by without

being appreciated. Bad enough that "scream" and "Munch

your pillow" went unnoticed.

Well, you win, I'll put my graduate-level lecture notes back

into the drawer for lack of interest. Now I appreciate how

poor ol' Albert must have felt when he came up with that

idea that time and space are warped by gravity. If y' buy

that then what's so hard about believing that Self is warped

by your pillow, huh?

So why are you kissin' up to Jodi? Must be some sort of

south-bay thingy what with all of you gals stickin' together

down there as you do. (Just between you and me I think

the world of that ol' gal but please don't tell her that I said

so, O. Tay?) ... and by th' way, you ain't all that bad either.

Sweet dreams,

Harmon

Ain't it nice ...

KWVERS 15,000

Seein' old folks do so well?

Yes... how did you get in there, Harmon?

c76bafc5-d60b-4bef-8cbf-a3f708251506.jpg

I love the look on Jim's face!

Duncan!,

You're a genius ... an old-fart and donut dispenser. Why

didn't I think of that?

When I look at the facial expressions on Jim and Denise

it seems pretty clear that they had a round of cocktails

before Geocaching. Maybe that's the little-known secret

behind their huge find-count. Gosh, there's so much to

learn from Geocaching front-runners.

Thanks for the enlightenment,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Dear Harmon,

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

yes I am.

Your pal,

Harmon

:lol: I had no idea I said "Otay" a lot due to my pillow ... no one ever told me! Maybe twice a day, or so I say it ... Otay Lakes Road and Otay Ranch High. But what does that have to do with pillows and absorption?? What about Euro pillows? What about pillow shams? Ohhhhh, I just got the Otay thing ... LOL. Wow, I'm laughing now! That was funny!

Looking for my pillow,

Barrie

by your pillow, huh?

Sweet dreams,

Harmon

:D Grouch? ok Harmon....meet me over in the Banter threads...this Congrats thread is for people who are happy and celebratory... grouch...why I oughta....

Dear Harmon,

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

yes I am.

Your pal,

Harmon

:lol: I had no idea I said "Otay" a lot due to my pillow ... no one ever told me! Maybe twice a day, or so I say it ... Otay Lakes Road and Otay Ranch High. But what does that have to do with pillows and absorption?? What about Euro pillows? What about pillow shams? Ohhhhh, I just got the Otay thing ... LOL. Wow, I'm laughing now! That was funny!

Looking for my pillow,

Barrie

by your pillow, huh?

Sweet dreams,

Harmon

:D Grouch? ok Harmon....meet me over in the Banter threads...this Congrats thread is for people who are happy and celebratory... grouch...why I oughta....

Uh-oh.

Dear Harmon,

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

yes I am.

Your pal,

Harmon

:blink: I had no idea I said "Otay" a lot due to my pillow ... no one ever told me! Maybe twice a day, or so I say it ... Otay Lakes Road and Otay Ranch High. But what does that have to do with pillows and absorption?? What about Euro pillows? What about pillow shams? Ohhhhh, I just got the Otay thing ... LOL. Wow, I'm laughing now! That was funny!

Looking for my pillow,

Barrie

by your pillow, huh?

Sweet dreams,

Harmon

:shocked: Grouch? ok Harmon....meet me over in the Banter threads...this Congrats thread is for people who are happy and celebratory... grouch...why I oughta....

Uh-oh.

habu! went to the Lone Pine,California area and found a cache which we had archived because we posted the wrong coords...With just a vague description of where we left the cache..He and a friend faced the elements and found the cache! Hurray for habu! and mamaloo

Dear Harmon,

Your PUD source,

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

yes I am.

Your pal,

Harmon

:) I had no idea I said "Otay" a lot due to my pillow ... no one ever told me! Maybe twice a day, or so I say it ... Otay Lakes Road and Otay Ranch High. But what does that have to do with pillows and absorption?? What about Euro pillows? What about pillow shams? Ohhhhh, I just got the Otay thing ... LOL. Wow, I'm laughing now! That was funny!

Looking for my pillow,

Barrie

by your pillow, huh?

Sweet dreams,

Harmon

:laughing: Grouch? ok Harmon....meet me over in the Banter threads...this Congrats thread is for people who are happy and celebratory... grouch...why I oughta....

Uh-oh.

habu! went to the Lone Pine,California area and found a cache which we had archived because we posted the wrong coords...With just a vague description of where we left the cache..He and a friend faced the elements and found the cache! Hurray for habu! and mamaloo

There y' go ... proof positive that Pillow-Self absorption is factual.

Sceptics recant ... please post apologies here.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Ain't it nice ...

KWVERS 15,000

Seein' old folks do so well?

Yes... how did you get in there, Harmon?

c76bafc5-d60b-4bef-8cbf-a3f708251506.jpg

I love the look on Jim's face!

Duncan!,

You're a genius ... an old-fart and donut dispenser. Why

didn't I think of that?

When I look at the facial expressions on Jim and Denise

it seems pretty clear that they had a round of cocktails

before Geocaching. Maybe that's the little-known secret

behind their huge find-count. Gosh, there's so much to

learn from Geocaching front-runners.

Thanks for the enlightenment,

Harmon

Round of Cocktails? No Way! We gave that up 10 years ago...however...we had dinner at Cracker Barrel just before finding this cache and I had fried catfish,fried okra and for desert a peanut butter Moonpie! nananananana

A big congratulations to Trixxster who hit her 3000 mark in Yuma last weekend, and to Silver Horde who passed her 3000 finds yesterday in Mission Trails! Do I see some competition there? :(

00020484.gifWay to go Ladies ,congrats on the 3,000 000204AE.gif

WoooooooHooooooooooo!!!!

A big congratulations to Trixxster who hit her 3000 mark in Yuma last weekend, and to Silver Horde who passed her 3000 finds yesterday in Mission Trails! Do I see some competition there? :(

WoooooooHooooooooooo!!!!

Congrats to Trixxster and Silver Horde!! 3,000!!! :):o:D

A big congratulations to Trixxster who hit her 3000 mark in Yuma last weekend, and to Silver Horde who passed her 3000 finds yesterday in Mission Trails! Do I see some competition there? :)

WoooooooHooooooooooo!!!!

Congrats to Trixxster and Silver Horde!! 3,000!!! :D;):unsure:

3000 Cheers for Trixxster and Silver Horde for 3000!!!

(I hear they're cleaning out MTRP with the Thirsty Ladies!)

Edited by Triple Crown