San Diego Congratulations Thread

Dr. Boggis

BZ to wewilldo7! on

400!!!! WAY TO GO BILL AND LAURIE!!!!!!! :D

Awwwwwwwwww...thanks, everyone!!

We're having so much fun with geocaching - we're definitely not as fast as most (at finding, logging, hiding, etc....) but the important thing is that we love what we're doing, right?! :D

As others have said, the best thing we've found while caching is new friends!! :D

Congratz to Thunder-4 on

2200 and 2300

While out in the desert!

Whoo-Hoo!!!

WOOHOO - way to go, Randy!! Man, you're racking up some pretty nice numbers...and FAST!! Congrats!!

Way to Go wewilldo7 and Thunder-4!!! Awesome numbers and nice people to boot!

rnblver just crossed the 200 find mark!

We'll be posting this in the San Diego topics as we feel it will be read by the neccessary person somewhere in here.

In recent months an unusual amount of our 'in the country' caches have gone missing :) and with help from our caching friends we have been getting them replaced :) . But it is still going on. I would like to ask the person doing this to please stop. It is unfair not only to us but to the geocaching community to take the caches. Once they are out there they are for everyone to enjoy. Our appologies to those who have tried to get our caches only to find they are not there. Especially to those who have taken long hikes :) . Thanks to those of you who have given us the heads up on the status of many of our caches. If anyone tries to get to any of our caches and it is not there, please feel free to log it as a find. There is no way for us to know if some of these are gone until someones logs a DNF or tells us about it through email. The cacher who finds they have stumbled upon yet another missing SlabyFam cache should not suffer for what we feel is a deliberate act. When ammo can's placed well away from the casual observer in the mts and desert start to go missing in such high numbers there is obviously something going on. And we are not thrown off just because the cache next to it may be gone as well. There is a very obvious pattern here. Many of these were placed with our whole family and have special meaning to us. So this not only affects us, our kids, but the entire caching community as well. If there is some way to get these back, please send us some sort of anonymous message so we can get these returned. If not, well if there are caches that have not yet been taken please let them be for the communities sake at least.

Sorry again to those who have not found our caches. We feel the same sinking feeling when we hear they are gone. One by one we'll get them all back up. 7 more to go! That we know of anyway.

Thanks,

The Slaby's

Thank You I really feel bad that a lot of this last 250 caches were in the areas that were devistated by the fires. I had been (at CTYankees suggestion) trying to raise the level of difficulty of my caches including Black Mountain, Mt Woodson, Santa Ysable Preserve, Holenbeck and Horesethief Canyon. All seem to have been hit hard. I'm just glad that so few lives were lost.

Thank You I really feel bad that a lot of this last 250 caches were in the areas that were devistated by the fires. I had been (at CTYankees suggestion) trying to raise the level of difficulty of my caches including Black Mountain, Mt Woodson, Santa Ysable Preserve, Holenbeck and Horesethief Canyon. All seem to have been hit hard. I'm just glad that so few lives were lost.

Hey Jack! Have you slowed down yet? :rolleyes:

I hid 40 caches in the Tahoe area that were destroyed by fire less three weeks later but I know more than two hundred geocachers (some were from San Diego) got to enjoy those places just before it was destroyed. I am very happy I was able to get them into some great places in time for them to enjoy the forest and learn about some of the history of Lake Tahoe.

I would like for you to look at this another way sir. You did caches in areas that have changed now because of the fires but if it wern't for your visits, you wouldn't have been able to enjoy them as they were before the fires. Geocaching gets us to places we wouldn't get to go otherwise, we also get to remember those places and the folks we went there with.

Happy caching sir! :huh::D:D

Edited by habu!

If I lived in Alaska I imagine you could go months without looking at a congratulations thread and might miss someone going over 20, but around here if you miss a few days then folks just go crazy. Congrats to Kawikaturn on going over 4000. I was there in MTRP the night you went over 2000 and it doesn't seem like that long ago. Congrats to LLOT and Fisnjack on the 3000 find mark. I've also enjoyed the pleasure of caching with both of you. Congrats to Nscaler who has seemed to have gone cache finding crazy lately. A Big Congrats to all who have reached recent milestones.

Congrat to both lionhouse75 and Windymatters for going over 100 this weekend at the desert events. 0002014B.gif

Thanks for the congrats - couldn't have picked a better group or venue to reach this first milestone. 100 finds seems like small potatos amidst this crowd but gotta start somewhere, right? Thanks again to all who have helped provide information and answer questions to get us started. :(:(

Edited by lionhouse75

Congrat to both lionhouse75 and Windymatters for going over 100 this weekend at the desert events. 0002014B.gif

Thanks for the congrats - couldn't have picked a better group or venue to reach this first milestone. 100 finds seems like small potatos amidst this crowd but gotta start somewhere, right? Thanks again to all who have helped provide information and answer questions to get us started. :lol::D

Congrtatz on 100 WOO HOO!!!!