San Diego Congratulations Thread

Dr. Boggis

Thanks everyone. <_< I never could have found that many if it hadn't been for Princess Toadstool -- woman on a mission -- and her willingness to have me join her on her caching adventures every week. :blink:

My goal when I started caching was "a cache a day," so I would have maybe found 365 by today if I hadn't met P.T. at the "Paperless Event." thumbsup.gif

Thanks again to this wonderful community for literally changing my life! :P

[it's definitely something in which the pioneers were at a disadvantage. It really helps to have ~200 caches within a five mile radius of your house and ~700 within 10 miles.

I probably did less then 180 in my first year of caching.

Since I picked up my magellan explorist 500 in july of 2005 Iv'e logged well over 800 caches, quite a difference.

I think my first double digit day I did 17 starting at daylight and ending up around 5:30pm and that was with a 7 year old Grandson and he still wanted to do more but it was a long drive from Orange county to El Cajon and the next day was a school day. :anibad:

i WONDER HOW MANY OTHER FOLKS CAN SAY THEY GOT 1000 CACHES THE FIRST YEAR.

I can't say it yet...but I'm close (need to find 83 more in the next 2 1/2 months...) :laughing:

It's definitely something in which the pioneers were at a disadvantage. It really helps to have ~200 caches within a five mile radius of your house and ~700 within 10 miles.

This is very true. We used to go out and find 2-5 caches in a typical day only 3 years ago. I remember seeing some people brag in their logs about getting 12 caches in a day. That was very tough to do then. Rocketman and I eventually hit 12 just under 2 years ago. Now 12 in a day is commonplace.

Anyhow, it really boils down to what type of caches you enjoy doing. If you prefer urbans you will get a lot more :)s. If you prefer hiking caches then you will get less :)s. Most of us do a combo of both. I myself prefer the hiking ones. I love the scenery and the critters! :laughing:

O.T. sort of . . . for those of you who like wonderful hikes, I would like to recommend SMOKEY's cache, "Ghost Corral which takes you by "Valley Pillar via Quail Oasis" and leads to "cAMMO Can. :laughing:

That area is absolutely beautiful . . . especially at this time of the year when it isn't too hot. :laughing:

For a new cacher, SMOKEY has sure done a really great job placing caches in neat areas. :laughing:

OK . . . back to your regularly-scheduled program . . . :rolleyes:

O.T. sort of . . . for those of you who like wonderful hikes, I would like to recommend SMOKEY's cache, "Ghost Corral which takes you by "Valley Pillar via Quail Oasis" and leads to "cAMMO Can. :laughing:

That area is absolutely beautiful . . . especially at this time of the year when it isn't too hot. :laughing:

For a new cacher, SMOKEY has sure done a really great job placing caches in neat areas. :laughing:

There is a long list of caches down that way I need to get to before it gets too hot!

You are too kind, Karen! Glad you like the caches and thanks for the plug!

O.T. sort of . . . for those of you who like wonderful hikes, I would like to recommend SMOKEY's cache, "Ghost Corral which takes you by "Valley Pillar via Quail Oasis" and leads to "cAMMO Can. :anicute:

That area is absolutely beautiful . . . especially at this time of the year when it isn't too hot. :)

For a new cacher, SMOKEY has sure done a really great job placing caches in neat areas. :anicute:

OK  . . . back to your regularly-scheduled program . . . :)

You are too kind, Karen! Glad you like the caches and thanks for the plug!

4e39d058-8a93-4acb-b768-b81813f0accc.jpg

Looks like a good one for the SDCET.