San Diego Congratulations Thread

Dr. Boggis

Let's say that your sweet bride spent the night baby-sitting at the granchildren's place and you are four finds from seven-hundred and you haven't done the four MTRP caches up on Kwaay Paay Peak, so what should you do?

NOTE: Just assume that I accept all of your heartfelt congratulations.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Let's say that your sweet bride spent the night baby-sitting at the granchildren's place and you are four finds from seven-hundred and you haven't done the four MTRP caches up on Kwaay Paay Peak, so what should you do?

And a big B.Z. To you and all of the others...

:lol:;):lol:Congrats, Harmon!! :lol:;):cry:

Boy, am I impressed! You sure know how to keep us "younger folks" motivated! ;)

OOOO-RAHHHHH! Now go back up to your Redneck cache and get the present I left for you!

Edited by FlagMan

OOOO-RAHHHHH! Now go back up to your Redneck cache and get the present I left for you!

O rats! there goes my Monday morning.

Official Congrats to SD Rowdies for doing over 100 caches in less than a month and spilling over the 700 mark!!!! :lol:

Honestly, once assimilated by the Geobabes resistance is futile.

I'm having Borg dreams at night ... "It's all about the numbers, ... about the numbers, ... the numbers, ... numbers, numbers, numbers."

:lol:;):lol:Congrats, Harmon!! :lol:;):cry:

Boy, am I impressed! You sure know how to keep us "younger folks" motivated! ;)

Thanks pals.

I just kept thinking about my soon-to-be seventy-first birthday during that last steep push to Kwaay Paay summit. It was great to look across the canyon at north and south Fortuna knowing that I'd been there and done both ridges during the past several weeks.

On the other hand I experienced a Heaven-like vision ... that all my Geocaching pals would be gathered at the summit one day singing happy birthday to me whilst Pqmommy served oven-warm pineapple upside-down cake from silver platters with chopsticks.

... but seriously, my main fear was that I might not find one of the four caches along the way so's to hit the seven-hundred mark at the summit. I figured that it couldn't be worse than doing the TT storm-drain cache at my six-hundred mark.

The best part was going back down that uppermost stretch and meeting up with three very exhausted and very sweaty guys that were probably ten years my junior. Uphills not for seesies, ... uphills for old cowboys.

Well, o.k., so maybe for young people.

My three Cypher stents and my rasty old ankle are doing quite well thank you very much.

Life is good,

Harmon

80a28701-18e7-473e-ba9a-11f6e5a5f329.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

My three Cypher stents and my rasty old ankle are doing quite well thank you very much.

Harmon,

Congrats! And now that I know you have Cypher stents in your arteries, I'll be sure to do my real work more diligently.

My current project at work involves the analysis of the drug content of those Cypher stents for the company that makes them. We analyze them before they get released to surgeons for implant to make sure that they contain the drug in the right amount.

Guess when someone you know is using the product, it hits home a little more closely that my work will have an impact on others' lives.

--TT_-

Harmon,

Congrats! And now that I know you have Cypher stents in your arteries, I'll be sure to do my real work more diligently.

My current project at work involves the analysis of the drug content of those Cypher stents for the company that makes them. We analyze them before they get released to surgeons for implant to make sure that they contain the drug in the right amount.

Guess when someone you know is using the product, it hits home a little more closely that my work will have an impact on others' lives.

--TT_-

Jeff,

My dear friend, thank you ever so much for your contribution to the success of drug-eluting Cypher stents. Suppressing cell division while stents settle into place was a very good idea. I happily carry my three stent ID cards in my wallet at all times.

One word you don't want to hear after stent implantation is "reclosure." Knowing that Cypher stents reduced reclosure rates from thirty-six percent to eight percent was a very comforting thought. Yep, I'm still smiling about it.

It was quite an experience to lie there and watch the big monitor as the cardiologist shoved and wiggled wires and other interesting stuff up through my groin and into my hearteries to position and stretch those tiny little stents into place. It was both entertaining and interesting. Scripps cardiology was averaging thirty stent procedures per day at the time I went in.

Thanks again, I take back all of the bad things, well, almost all of the bad things I've said and thought about your blankety-blank puzzle caches.

Your pal,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

In case you all are wondering...No Harmon is not the Tin Man...But he does have these suckers implanted in him:

stents.jpg

DrugElutingStent.gif

Yeah...rapamycin (Sirolimus) is some pretty good stuff. Definitely one of the better cell-cycle blockers out there. Glad to see someone who has benefited from this wonder drug delivery system.

BTW....

I got a jar full of hundreds of spent stents on my desk. Just think Harmon...they could be your new Chotchkie calling card. :)

--TT--

Way to go, Kawikaturn, Harmon, and anyone else I missed!

(And the White Sox, too!)

Late congrats from us also to everybody!!!

You are awesome! :D:):)B)

My monthly congrats to everyone who has achieved something in the last 30 days! :D

I'm glad to hear that your gizmos are working Harmon (and Happy Birthday)! Isn't modern medicine great! Modern medicine has pushed the definition of "old" out into the 80+ age bracket. I read something recently that stated that scientists "are close" to discovering something that will allow people to live to be 300 years old! The only problem is that "are close" means in about 50 years. B) So if it happens I'm not sure if I'll want to be 95 years old for another 205 years! B)

Congrats to The Vulture for 1200 :(  :(  :D

9ead8013-9354-47b3-af66-e176f43506da.jpg

Wow! that means that he is catching up to $kimmer. My hero ... youda man!

OH NO! I could hardly live with him BEFORE, now he's getting into MY territory.

Just goes to show, resistance is futile. He keeps saying "NO!" I just ignore him and drag him along.

Congrats, Hon!

Congrats to my Geogolo, Harmon too! Where would I be without my "Guys"? Probably keeping a MUCH cleaner house!

All these milestones, due to my buddy, Splashette. I had about 300 finds before we hooked up. Look what's happened to me since. I guess SHE'S responsible.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to get to know too many fellow geocachers. So in a shameless bit of self promotion, I'd like to congratulate ...... Me....... on #100 today. Added a few extras finds too.

Congrats Lokidog! :drama:

Unless the owner of the cache that you log you 100th find logs a congrat note on this forum then it may go unnoticed! :lol:

CONGRATS Lokidog!! :drama::drama:

This may be a bit presumptuous, but I sense a storm of milestones coming... :lol:

A lucky group of 20 or so cachers with around 25,000 combined finds may have each just hit a personal century marker out in the dessert, WOW! :drama::drama::drama:

Duncan!-2500, Chuy-1800, PassingWind-400, Night Hunter-1200, JB&LF-900, princess toadstool-1200, B.R.A.-400, HelBobDuo-1000, WheelerDealers-500,

splashman-3400, D-Jollymon-1100, smilinglady-200, FlagMan-2100, possibly The Dillon Gang-1300, Dan-oh-400, Miragee-900?, dhsundance-1500, and it's a stretch but GoBolt probably got to 900 by now....WOOHOOO!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!

CONGRATS Lokidog!! :drama:  :drama:

This may be a bit presumptuous, but I sense a storm of milestones coming... :drama:

A lucky group of 20 or so cachers with around 25,000 combined finds may have each just hit a personal century marker out in the dessert, WOW!  :drama:  :drama:  :drama:

Duncan!-2500, Chuy-1800, PassingWind-400, Night Hunter-1200, JB&LF-900, princess toadstool-1200, B.R.A.-400, HelBobDuo-1000, WheelerDealers-500,

splashman-3400, D-Jollymon-1100, smilinglady-200, FlagMan-2100, possibly The Dillon Gang-1300, Dan-oh-400, Miragee-900?, dhsundance-1500, and it's a stretch but GoBolt probably got to 900 by now....WOOHOOO!!!! 

CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!

Congrats all! :drama:

I wish I would have gone out to the "dessert" too! :drama:

Here is a photo of Ruscal heading up the dangerous Cherry Peak.

Team Reid is attempting the very precarious Banana Run! :lol:

3b060d79-85cb-4fab-95ce-6a7a7e0df88b.jpg

The Splashes were on the nearby Tiramisu Trail but I didn't get a photo of them.

Edited by TrailGators
CONGRATS Lokidog!! :santa::santa:

This may be a bit presumptuous, but I sense a storm of milestones coming... :santa:

A lucky group of 20 or so cachers with around 25,000 combined finds may have each just hit a personal century marker out in the dessert, WOW! :santa::santa::santa:

CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!

O sure, y'all were eatin' chilli and drinkin' beer weren't you? We'll see how many milestones there were when y' sober up.

Harmon

CONGRATS Lokidog!! :santa:  :santa:

This may be a bit presumptuous, but I sense a storm of milestones coming... :santa:

A lucky group of 20 or so cachers with around 25,000 combined finds may have each just hit a personal century marker out in the dessert, WOW!  :santa:  :santa:  :santa:

CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!

Congrats all! :santa:

I wish I would have gone out to the "dessert" too! :santa:

Here is a photo of Ruscal heading up the dangerous Cherry Peak.

Team Reid is attempting the very precarious Banana Run! :santa:

3b060d79-85cb-4fab-95ce-6a7a7e0df88b.jpg

The Splashes were on the nearby Tiramisu Trail but I didn't get a photo of them.

Nice job pal. You should win the Neapolitan Jeep TB contest with that shot.

CONGRATS Lokidog!! :santa:  :santa:

A lucky group of 20 or so cachers with around 25,000 combined finds may have each just hit a personal century marker out in the dessert, WOW!  :santa:  :santa:  :santa:

CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!

O sure, y'all were eatin' chilli and drinkin' beer weren't you? We'll see how many milestones there were when y' sober up.

Harmon

No kidding Harmon...starting to worry about my guesses at this point. :santa:

Maybe I should have factored more than caches needed and caches nearby into my equation... :santa:

John

CONGRATS Lokidog!! :):)

This may be a bit presumptuous, but I sense a storm of milestones coming... :huh:

A lucky group of 20 or so cachers with around 25,000 combined finds may have each just hit a personal century marker out in the dessert, WOW! :):D:D

CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!

And a big B. Z. to all...

PS J & J I did fall a bit short.