Geo Jamboree 4

CT A-Team

It's still up in the air about whether the kids will be along. This weekend will be right after we get back from a vacation to Alabama to visit my mom's side of the fam. It's a question of how much excitement can they take, I suppose. We'll have a better idea when we get back, but for now it looks like it'll just be me. And the mead.

This will be our first Geo Jamboree. We have site #4 or #6 depending on how you look at it....lol....reserved. One question, our tent is a tad larger than the suggested area. How strict are they about that and also are there more than one tent allowed per site? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Stef & Phil

The GeoCyphers

This will be our first Geo Jamboree. We have site #4 or #6 depending on how you look at it....lol....reserved. One question, our tent is a tad larger than the suggested area. How strict are they about that and also are there more than one tent allowed per site? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Stef & Phil

The GeoCyphers

Camping Party

The campsite fee covers six (6) persons, including children.

However, a camp registrant may occupy a campsite with all his/her children under 18 years old for the basic campsite fee regardless of the total number of family members.

Read all the camping guidelines here.

Last year, the 1NatureFamily shared their campsite with the Clan and we had 2 tents and a total of 8 people on one site, 4 kids, 4 adults. I don't remember seeing any restriction on tent size or count... how big is this tent anyway?

I was told that this event will not be fun so I'm not going.

Who told you that!? I'll have you know that members of the Maryland Geocaching Society are attending making it one of the must not miss events of the year.

Terri

Its just a rumor I heard.

Don't believe everything you hear! I haven't been to one yet but it sounds like a blast. We're planning on having a great time visiting those strange talking New Englanders. Okay they sound strange to me but not billy as he's originally from ME.

Terri

I was told that this event will not be fun so I'm not going.

Who told you that!? I'll have you know that members of the Maryland Geocaching Society are attending making it one of the must not miss events of the year.

Terri

BrianSnat isn't actuall a person, but a trademark. The person who dreamt it up isn't actually not going cause the ycan't find Connecticut. Keeps ending up going north into Canada. :huh: (cross the bridge instead of passing it)

So Marylanders are showing up!? There goes the neghborhood (and no this aint a rumor, i seen first hand wat you are capable of! Scarying poor little cachers at night! :huh: )

:D

Not only are we (okay me) Marylanders but bikers too! As mentioned other places, we are towing a trailer. On said trailer will be hubby's bike--04 Heritage Softtail. So, yep, I guess the neighborhood's shot! And yes, we cache at night. We've found all the night caches in southern Md--FTF on 2 of them and the granddaughter was FTF on another. Granddaughter was only 3. Okay, she had help from her dad. We do have some rowdy folks by them though....one has the local teens and the other two have the local drunks and druggies.

So, when does the party start?

Terri

Not only are we (okay me) Marylanders but bikers too! As mentioned other places, we are towing a trailer. On said trailer will be hubby's bike--04 Heritage Softtail. So, yep, I guess the neighborhood's shot! And yes, we cache at night. We've found all the night caches in southern Md--FTF on 2 of them and the granddaughter was FTF on another. Granddaughter was only 3. Okay, she had help from her dad. We do have some rowdy folks by them though....one has the local teens and the other two have the local drunks and druggies.

So, when does the party start?

Terri

As soon as I get there! :D

Is there any place to park overnight there if you hook up with someone who has a campsite and already has 2 cars there?

Perhaps contact the occupants of an adjacent site and ask if they have a parking spot available? I couldn't say whether or not there's a nearby place to park. Sorry. Anyone?

Wait a sec. You might try contacting Cloudchaser

Edited by Clan Delaney

Hey...why worry about a 10 day forecast coming true, when they can't even get a 1, 2 or 3 day forecast accurate?

On Friday morning the radio broadcast said the rain would stop early afternoon today and be sunny and 72 Sunday afternoon. Then at lunchtime, it was rain all the way through Sunday...

So much for being excited on Thursday when the 'long range' forecast for today was sunny and high 60s. What's a sundae party for the newly minted 2 year old with rain and 60 degrees??