Virtual Geocoins

The Davis Crew

Can anyone explain to me how virtual geocoins work pls :lol:

I can tell you how the work in my case. I have a coin that disappeared (surprise, surprise). I just changed it to a Virtual Coin and posted the number right on the page so people can move it around at will. The goal states that it's only suposed to be moved through virtual caches and by people who have done them, but that gets pretty much ignored.

I have three,new, trackable coins that I am going to be useing as FTF prizes....Michigan, Maryland, and Ohio.

How it will work is...If you are a FTF on one of my caches...You will be able to log one of them (which ever you want). The cache page will show a coin icon (probably Maryland) But the coin won't be in the cache...Once you log the first find I will e-mail the finder, the numbers to 'grab' the coin...Also if I am FTF on someone elses cache, Then they get to log the coin of their chioce as a show of appreciation for placeing the cache.

I will probably place a laminated picture of the coins in the cache....Kinda cheap..I know...But it is the only way to beable to maintain control of the coins and keep them from 'disappearing'.