Making A Map

treebark

OK I had my map60cs out today and I wanted to walk from my truck to my stand and mark 2 other spots. The problem I'm having saving this is that I drove with the GPS on then got out and walked around before going to my stand. How do I edit this. Is there a way so that I can just save the track part I want?

I am not sure how to do it with the newer garmin models, but with the old ones, you open the track log in MapSource by hgihlighting the particular track and then open track properties with a right click.

When the listing of all the track points comes up, highlight the ones you want to delete, ( they will appear in blue rather than yellow on the Map Source map), then hit delete. If you delete too much just do "undo" command to back up.

when you get to your end spot, save the track.

Have the same issues - drive from home to the trail head - this is where you clear the log -

walk the track - try to save the far end -

walk back to the trail head - try to remember to save the track back.

drive home -

if you don't do something like this you end up with a long straight line between the trail head and home -

saving the track gives you a single track (to the far end) or a double track (going and coming). I like the double track because it covers those areas where you lose contact

I use Delorme Topo and it allows editing the track also, but it can be a bit of a pain and you have to be careful of what you select and delete.

cc\