Anybody Heard Of Pyxis Gps Unit

flir67

while surfing ebay I found this neafity unit for 99.00 below is the link. I have never heard of this unit below at all. its interesting is its sd/mmc and has something I haven't heard in a while dgps. I though mostly ships use this but I wonder why they included it in such a small unit. it has the ability for a usb external antenna for dgps.

it seems sony might have made it at one time from a google search.

anybody know any thing about these units.???

pyxis user manual

ebay unit for sale

thanks in advance

Edited by flir67

I agree with RK that these are nothing special. Almost all GPS receivers these days are DGPS-capable, but that just means they'll accept the data from a separate DGPS receiver and use that to get higher accuracy. Even the yellow eTrex has that feature. You'd still need to get a separate DGPS receiver and antenna to generate the RTCM104 data and it'd only be useful if you're within range of a DGPS reference station. The availability of WAAS has made regular DGPS less of an issue for most users.

after view their website, I'm still considering getting one off ebay for the heck of it. if you visit their website they also make a gps unit that tracks the gps satellites and the glosnoff (soviet gps system of satellites) all in one unit. its called the gg h16 unit. but after a e-mail to them its sells for 1900.00 us dollars. thats way out of my range for a dual satellite unit but nice that they make them now.

thanks for all the replies

flir67----------