If You Could Go Caching Anywhere In The World

Happy Bubbles

Since Antartica is the only continent I have not been to, I would choose there.

I've cached in Mexico, Belize, and Switzerland. Of the three I enjoyed Switzerland the most 'cause the caches I hit were in really cool forest areas and I had to use the train system to access the three or four that I visited. The caches themselves were nothing to write home about, it's the means that was the funnest.

However, one of my most memorable individual caches was at the now-archived Croc Adventure 'cause I came within 20 feet of some crocs; I still have moving footage that is quite incredible.

I would cache back in the UK, I only started caching when i moved to Michigan, it would be interesting to see where the caches are around Oxford (my home city).

Otherwise its been a lifelong ambition of mine to visit New Zealand where by the looks of it i could really boost my meagre cache total :huh:

So if you had $25,000 and a year of free time to go geocaching outside the United States . . .

What do you mean, "IF"? :lol:

Actually, A couple weeks per month is enough for me. I can't spend ALL of it geocaching; but expenses are paid, and I manage to enjoy the free time I have. Every place so far has been interesting, though I prefer cool or cold weather and no biting insects or poison plants.

:laughing: We just came back from a month of travel in Germany and Denmark. The typical caches in Germany, at least in the Berlin area, are quite a bit more complicated than the usual ones in California, where we are from. There are quite a number with complicated puzzles, games and factoid problems, where data must be gathered from web sites, compiled etc. before finding the coords.

Also, there are fewer satellites in Berlin than other areas, making coverage a little spotty at times. We use a Garmin e-Trex Legend.

Most caches are in German, with only a few in English, so that presents a challenge to those not speaking German. We were lucky to have a native German speaker with us, and Danish is similar enough that we didn't have too much trouble.

Denmark was more consistent with our California caches. Most were placed in beautiful geographic or historic places, with cache descriptions in Danish and English, making caching there easy and enjoyable. The caches were pretty easy finds, at least the ones we tried, and there seemed to be a cute little signature way of covering the on-ground caches with straw or hay swirled in a birdsnest fashion, which made discovery simple, once you realized the technique.

I must say that caching in both those places enhanced our vacation travels and made the journeys that much more interesting, as it took us to spots we otherwise would not have seen. And that's why we love geocaching so much!!! KG3 :laughing: