Meat In The Woods

PACDADDY

:D last week I was looking for a cache in a small park and under the stump where the cache was hidden there was a plastic garbage bag with something smelly dead animal or fish

today I went under a covered bridge to hide a cache near the river and there was packages of meat from the local butcher scatered around the woods to make things worse at attracted a lot of yellow jacks and my son got bit

any idea whats going on

Its bow hunting season here in oregon maybe people are baiting bear,but in a park or near a landmark bridge :D

I suspect that someone had the meat in a cooler or freezer, it went bad, and they didn't want to smell it in their garbage can so they imflicted the mess on the rest of us. I've seen similar scenes elsewhere. The bag may have been remains from someone cleaning fish.

A lot of people out there are absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings and have no business being in a park in the first place.

I doubt they're bear baits from what you describe, but anything's possible.