Add 1-click Driving Directions To Cache Page

Prime Suspect

I thought someone mentioned a script that did something like this, but search didn't turn it up. So I wrote my own.

This Greasemonkey script adds a link to every cache page's list of Map links. The link launches Google Maps, showing the route from your home coordinates (or whatever you want to use) to cache location (or location on the road nearest to the cache).

The first time the script is run, it will ask what you want to label the starting point (your home, or whatever), and the latitude and longitude. After the initial set-up, you can changes these values from the Tools/User Script Commmand menu option.

The script also adds Satellite and Hybrid options to the existing Google link, and adds the cache Waypoint ID to the pushpin info bubble.

This is, of course, for Firefox browsers only.

Access the script here.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have installed other Grease monkey scripts and I have installed this one and I don't see it on the cache page. What am I looking for? Where does it show up. I installed one that shows up under the coordinates as "Google Map (inc Satellite) Google Earth", it works fine, but I do not see yours.

Thanks

Roy

Forgive my ignorance, but I have installed other Grease monkey scripts and I have installed this one and I don't see it on the cache page. What am I looking for? Where does it show up. I installed one that shows up under the coordinates as "Google Map (inc Satellite) Google Earth", it works fine, but I do not see yours.

Thanks

Roy

image17ic.png

It's possible that your other script is interfering with this one. Try disabling it, and see if the links show up.

Thanks for the reply. I have disabled all other scripts and uninstalled and reinstalled yours and can't seem to get it to show up. It says it is installed and that I should refresh my screen which I've done.

Hmmmm, I'll keep trying.

Thanks again.

P.S. I don't know much about scripts, but I opened the Script console with combinations of scripts running down to just yours running and I get an error when yours is running. It looks like this:

Error: GM_getvalue is not defined

Source File: "Then it show the source from the page I am viewing" Line 1115

Update: It seems to be line 1115 each time.

Final Update: Success! I updated everything, newst version of Firefox and updated all of the extensions and it started working! Thanks again!

Roy

Edited by roygpa
Forgive my ignorance, but I have installed other Grease monkey scripts and I have installed this one and I don't see it on the cache page. What am I looking for? Where does it show up. I installed one that shows up under the coordinates as "Google Map    (inc Satellite)    Google Earth", it works fine, but I do not see yours.

Thanks

Roy

image17ic.png

It's possible that your other script is interfering with this one. Try disabling it, and see if the links show up.

:lol: Good job on the one-click directions.

Of course, with autorouting...I was already in the clear. :o