Wheelchair Accessible Caches

Mfurman

The theory is that if a cache is rated as a one for terrain, it is SUPPOSED to be wheelchair accessible; however, I have come across many caches rated as one that ought to have been a one and a half . . . for the simple fact that a wheel chair could not access the location (unless it was a model with balloon tires and was four wheel drive!). :D

Also, be aware that older caches (pre-2003) tend to have terrain ratings that are WAY too low. We have gone on a 1.5 that was close to two miles, with lots of steep hills and an extremely rocky trail. We also did a more recent cache (Montrose Green Micro) that had the "wheelchair accessible" attribute icon, and the cache was at least 2 meters up in a tree!

Heh... being somewhat of a noob, I placed a cache and rated it 1 star. NYADMIN explained that it had to be wheelchair accessible (and since I'd placed it out of reach at the location (easy to see and get, but unreachable for anyone in a wheelchair) so up to 1 1/2 it went. I was also given a link to the explanation of the rating system. Now I'm good to go.

Here's one I found for you out on the Island.

Pepperberry Micro... and it IS a micro. Bring your glasses.