Simply Ear-resistable!

Half-Canadian

The WSGA's "48 North" chapter announces their fall event cache, Simply Ear-Resistable! which will be held on October 8 from 4-7 p.m. near Conway -- about 5 miles south of Mount Vernon.

The highlight of the event will be navigating through a corn maze shaped like a spider's web and locating hidden microcaches in the maze with your gpsr. Those microcaches will contain hidden clues to an traditional cache located nearby.

There's also a hayride, barbecued burgers, roasted corn, and ice cream, and a chance to visit with fellow geocachers around a campfire.

Check out the webpage for more details. Hope to see you all there!

This does sound like a fun! Mr. WD and I will try to make it.

H.C. ..... You might want to continue to bump this up weekly so people are reminded of the event. I think there has been a big focus on the Alaska trip and the PT Cache Machine this week. I bet more people will respond once those events are over.

Look forward to seeing you :ph34r:

Just a reminder that this event is coming up on Saturday, rain or shine!

Along with special caches to locate in the maze, there will be some great door prizes, a tasty meal available, and a special contest just for kids -- every child that enters the contest will get to choose a prize from the corny-copia!

There will also be some new caches hidden in the area to finish off the day's fun. Be sure to bring your GPSr!

Check out Simply Ear-Resistable! for all the details.

remind me Allanon, are you going and can we carpool with RecDiver and Talks2Animals? You'll have to excuse my poor short term memory- my brain is dance addled this close to the show... blink.gif

Yes, I am going...I was waiting to hear if it was just you or if the whole family was going before deciding anything else.

As for riding with RD and T2A, I don't know...that would be up to them. But let's plan on you meeting me at my place as early as you want to go (did you want to cache on the way up to the party?).

Since some of us are doing the APE cache on Sunday, I'm probably not going to want to stay out real late (think bed time of before 10pm for me). Hope that's OK.

Ok- how early do you want to meet? I'm free on Sat as far as I know. And early bedtime is fine- I have to be up really early on Sunday and then have another dance rehearsal that evening.

I don't want to make you get up too early...takes too long to wake you up... :lol:

So, you tell me when you're going to be here... :lol:

Do we really get to see you on a Saturday EraSeek?

Ha! I thought the same thing. We will be truly honoured to have EraSeek in attendance. I have even ordered sunshine for the occasion <_<

Lets put it this way. I will certainly, most definately be there! as long as I can get past the kid's schedules. I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks, HC, for putting on such a great event today! And wow, what a turnout - great to see some folks I haven't seen in a while, like EvergreenHiker! (and to finally meet Inmywoods), and to make some new acquaintances (too many to list here). The 'get to know your fellow cachers' quiz was an excellent ice-breaker, and the micro-caches hidden in the maze were great fun! Glad I made a last-minute decision to attend.

And the corn-maze operators owe you a cut for all the business you brought them. :ph34r:

Thanks Laurie for a great event and I had a blast. It was nice meeting all the people and putting a face to a name and/or a cache. If I shook someones hand, blurted out who I was, then turned and walked away before you could answer, I was a little jazzed up at meeting some of the legends of NW caching and my manners are usually first to go. Or as my wife points out if I wasn't raised by wolves I would have manners.

I want to personally thank all the cachers who have hid caches that I have found, you have kept me out of the house, and more importantly away from the "Honeydo" list for almost a year.

Thanks Laurie for a great event and I had a blast. It was nice meeting all the people and putting a face to a name and/or a cache. If I shook someones hand, blurted out who I was, then turned and walked away before you could answer, I was a little jazzed up at meeting some of the legends of NW caching and my manners are usually first to go. Or as my wife points out if I wasn't raised by wolves I would have manners.

I want to personally thank all the cachers who have hid caches that I have found, you have kept me out of the house, and more importantly away from the "Honeydo" list for almost a year.

Ah, Silly Look, that is one of the truest and funniest profiles I've read! I love the photo too. It looks sooo familiar!

ed9d2c32-8cfd-4ecc-9949-7d0f5911a37b.jpg

This really was a fun event! I think everyone that came out had a good time, I know I sure did. Thanks to everybody that helped with the setup ahead of time, the cleanup afterward, donated swag for the raffle, and made all the first-timers feel welcome at the event.

81afd422-bea2-4a3b-a129-a5a148a9b26b.jpg

Special thanks to Team Lajoie5 who planted the micros in the maze the day before the event, which was a big help to me on that busy Friday. And another special thanks to Keystone Approver, who activated the final cache page Saturday afternoon just at the right time for the event, so our local approvers could come and enjoy themselves at the event too! And even the mischevious imps who decorated several of the cars with corny graffitti -- I know who you are, MGTS!! <_<

Look forward to seeing everyone at the next one!

6485f9f1-c8c2-4405-aebb-4d4430663795.jpg

Half-"Corn"adian