Your Favorite Cache Hide?

fishfam

Right now I'd say its my brand new Then and Now: Boonton NJ because my wife and I had so much fun placing it. I took some old photos from the early part of the 20th century and using those, the finder has to determine the spot the photo was taken from. In some the changes are few, in others the changes are many and its not as easy. My wife and I really enjoyed wandering around the town with the old pictures and trying to match them up with what is there today. We were actually surprised that we were able to do so.

Before that it was either my Bottom of Lake Passaic III cache because it was such a challenge to hide, or my The Ironman because of the rugged terrain, nice view and plethora of history surrounding it.

Edited by briansnat

We hid our fourth cache this morning. I tell you, when I look at some of the clever hides in our area, I sometimes feel like we're playing "Chopsticks" next to Jerry Lee Lewis.

As for my favorites, I'd go with any of the "Totally Tubular" series by Dayspring (here in Seattle, Washington) for the mad-scientist mechanical ingenuity of them.

When it comes to cleverly hiding a cache in plain sight, I'd pick Art of Tacoma: Locomotive Monument. How many muggles have looked at it and not seen it?

I think the one I had the most fun putting together was my "Etch-O-Sketch Night Cache". It took about a week to set up. Only takes about 2 hours to complete. I can't help but grin when I read the logs. I've got a series of 5 caches, (CR-1 thru 5), that end up as a puzzle, which tell a mythical tale about the Clan's origins. I had a lot of fun writing the descriptions, however the caches themselves are pretty basic ammo can in the woods stuff.

It's hard to pick a favorite from all the kewl caches I've done. Off the top of my head, I'd pick Capaldo's "Towlie II, Evil Towlie". (SP?) It was the first submersible cache we've attempted, and the container was an act of brilliance. Ask me again in 5 minutes, and I'd probably tell you a different cache as my favorite.

Tahosa - we were in that park (Cailey's Cache) Sunday afternoon, but my filter didn't grab that cache. Too bad because it is a real neat park - we go there for family photos every year.

Anyway, of my hides, my favorite is easily DON'T PANIC #15 - Heart of Gold. Organizing the puzzle part of the cache was one thing and a lot of fun, but the actual hiding spot is why it is my favorite hide. Pretty much every one of our hides is in a special place for us, but we found a gem of a spot for this cache to reside. Our next cache should be pretty good too - its been in the works for about 5 weeks now, but should be ready to go by next weekend.