My Absolutely New Travelling Geocoin

Lemon Fresh Dog

Yes, yes they will.... however, imagine the shame. Will they post photos of it? Will they sleep at night? ;)

It's like giving someone a free car that says "Jerkmobile" on it. :) They'll still drive it, but we all get to laugh at them! ;)

Surprizingly, no one has asked how the coins would GET from cache to cahce if they are only allowed to BE in caches -- that would require a DEPUTY card to move the coin! :P

Of course, I'd also need to trade these -- that would mean you'dd need a SHERIFF card to keep it in your collection/prison. :laughing:

I have honestly asked for a quote on getting these made. I hope to do it for fun.

Oh, about this coins.

I will create cards to authorize their movement and to keep them. The cards will look like the card I use as my avatar with the Husky (my dog Ruby!)

I will create a DEPUTY card. This card will have the following text.

"You've been DEPUTIZED! This card entitles the bearer to move one Lemon Fresh Travelling coin from one cache to another. Please e-mail me at XXX@YYY.com when you have done this so we can track the coins movements. Please keep this card with the coin for the next deputy"

The Sheriff card will read:

"You are a SHERRIFF! This card entitles the bearer to incarcerate ONE Lemon Fresh Dog Travelling coin. This card is required to prove your claim to keep a coin in your possession."

Then, I can create *games* where I place 10 coins in some caches and 10 Sheriff coins in other caches! Cachers need to find a Sherriff card in order to keep the coin! :laughing:

If can get pre-orders for about 400 , I'll make them GC trackable.

So, post here if you want some. otherwise I'll just get 100 made with a circle to attach a TB to.

Each coin will have an "official" keepers card if you get it from myself (which, of course are transferable with each coin)

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

I guess cost would be a good thing to know!

I'm waiting on a quote, but they will be sold at cost + shipping -- I'm not in this for a profit -- anyone wanting the invoice will be welcome to see it. In fact, it will likely be posted on the website of the coin maker as this is how they let me pay. -- see www.coinsandping.com MISC for my geobone.

Note -- this coin will be MUCH less expensive than my geobone -- there will not be 3D, 2D, multiple colours, etc, etc. It will also be standard geocoin size (1.75?)

Order HERE only (no PM or email please)

Orders CLOSE Sept 10th at 9pm Mountain Time

IF for some BIZARRE reason, there are more than 900 ordered, I will see about becoming the "Official Travelling Coin Team" and see if we can't get a custom stat icon (hey, maybe someone from Groundspeak will see the humour and let us have a custom icon with lower numbers minted)

NO "conditional" ordering (I'll take X if this, Y if this, Z if this....) too much work for me and too likely I'll mess it up for you -- I care too much to hurt you feelings....

PRIOR to ordering, I will then ask for PayPal or payment to be made -- I just do not want to personally "float" a few thousand dollars and get stuck with non-payment -- sorry.

Hope that covers it! --- this could be the strangest coin of them all! (except for my geo-bone, but that's different)

:lol: no 5 finger discounts!

Also, my geobones are pretty much GONE! They arrive tomorrow, but I've traded even a couple more than I had planne to! -- sorry. I think maybe three or four folks were able to get more than one, so there are some remote trade possibilities there.

Everything I am looking for now is scarce -- sorry.

THESE coins will be cool though -- and I think they will be pretty inexpensive too. I'm keeping them real simple for obvious reasons -- they should MOVE!

IF for some BIZARRE reason, there are more than 900 ordered, I will see about becoming the "Official Travelling Coin Team" and see if we can't get a custom stat icon (hey, maybe someone from Groundspeak will see the humour and let us have a custom icon with lower numbers minted)

A custom icon would we cool!! See about having one with a red handprint on it like on the coin. ???

Will the price be posted before the order deadline?? I'd definitely be interested in a few but can't say for sure how many until I know what the cost would be... a ballpark figure would be fine if you can add in shipping to the US (Knoxville TN).

Here's the quote for the coins WITHOUT tracking. (that adds $1.50 per coin.

I am thinking that shipping would be about $1.50US for the first coin and then some fairly small amount after that (like .20 per additional coin).

My personal coins arrive today and I will be sending them out this week -- so I'll have a clear idea of what to expect for shipping -- again, I am not looking to make any money here --- so what it costs is what it cost. It looks as if we can get this coin in at under $6 (maybe even less!)

SPECS: 1.5” diameter, 2 colors, Antique bronze finish

$225.00 for 100 coins

$140.00 for 2 each 2-D dies

$ 45.00 for laser etching

$ 32.00 for shipping

------------

$442.00 total for 100 coins ($4.42 per coin)

Epoxy coating (recommended for antique finishes) - Add $35.00

$534.00 for 300 coins

$135.00 for laser etching

$ 96.00 for shipping

------------

$905.00 total for 300 coins ($3.02 per coin)

Epoxy coating - Add $96.00

$790.00 for 500 coins

$225.00 for laser etching

$160.00 for shipping

------------

$1,315.00 total for 500 coins ($2.63 per coin)

Epoxy coating - Add $140.00

Then -- add $1.50 per coin if it made trackable.

revised artwork:

Red1.jpg

Red2.jpg

Love it....I would prefer trackable..but that just my two cents

It will most likey be trackable. I just need enough pre-orders and then I'll order up a batch of numbers to be etched onto the coin.

The minimum number of numbers I can buy for tracking is 500 -- which is $750. That isn't too bad -- and the pre-orders seem to be going quite well. So it does appear this may be a trackable coin!

Lemon Fresh Dog --

Great idea for the coins! If possible, I'd like to order three of them. Please let me know how to get payment to you after that has been calculated.

Thanks!

Chris

"SkinGuy"

BTW -- I tried to send you this as an email through GC.com, and it kept getting bounced back to me.