What Happened To Wm1 - The Downtown Seattle Mcdona

I haven't been following the forums the past week so I apologize if this was covered. A couple/few weeks ago there was muich discussion about the inclusion of a McDonald's category. Personally, I was against it but then I saw that Waymarking was going to be much larger than just interesting people/places/things. Anyway ... WM1 - the very first waymark was (sadly) a McDonald's in dowtown Seattle. Out of curiosity I checked in on the McDonald's category and saw that it apparently is no longer listed. Am I just missing it or was it yanked? peace, fishiam

WMK1 is also a Mcdonalds, by the way.

Ah well, I knew it was too much to hope for! Some text indicating that only 50 waymarks are listed would certainly have cleared that up. But why the limit of 50?

EDIT - Just visited the waymark and saw that my original note written about 2 weeks ago was apparently deleted (it was admittedly negative but is that wrong?) I added a new note to see if it too gets removed.

Edited by fishiam
I removed the last one and I guess I'll have to remove this one too. You should already know that logs aren't meant for general commentaries - especially since you didn't even visit the location!

Well, I have visited there in the sense of walking by it 100s of times and even waited in there as friends went in to get fries. As for being a general commentary, it was actually a specific one to that McDonalds for being WM1. But anyway, delete away - I recognize the futility of my actions.

It's there but you'll need to search by waymark code to find it. Each category only shows the 50 most recent waymarks. Sean is adding some text so you are aware of the cap.

I'll second the question - 50 cap permanent or beta? I believe a permanent 50 limit would make Waymarking worthless to me. Do you limit cache logs to 50? No. Part of the "fun" is looking at old logs. Part of the fun here will be looking at old WMs. Break up large categories into 50 WM subcategories if needed (and it probably is) but don't just make earlier WMs invisible without special knowledge as archived caches are.

It's there but you'll need to search by waymark code to find it. Each category only shows the 50 most recent waymarks. Sean is adding some text so you are aware of the cap.

I'll second the question - 50 cap permanent or beta?

Sorry if I'm not being clear enough. When you clicky on a waymark category it shows you the latest 50 waymarks entered in that category. You can search for all of the waymarks in that category by region or whatever.

We show a list of the latest events on the front page but that doesn't restrict you to see the rest. Hope this helps.