Top 25 Travel Bug Finder's

LaRobley

How do you tell the difference between people who go to events and copy all the numbers vs those who actually found bugs.  It seems like a couple of good events will give you a couple hundred bugs...

That is one of the reasons why I started counting TB miles - just a grab at an event gives you exactly zero miles... :)

Unfortunately this number is hard to maintain - I started with an excel sheet, once I hit 1M miles I stopped as its just too much work.

Another statistic that I would like to see is the Cache to TB found ratio. I am close to 500 TBs - and just found my 200s cache so thats an average of almost 2.5 TBs per cache. But that would also be a number that gets higher if you go to TB "GrabFests"

Olaf

I use the totals from the Icons if you click on the icons and you can get another count which in some cases its the same. I have found a few out there woth 300 finds and upto 400 Grabs.

MaxB on the River they are #1 on my list I don't know how they do it but here are there numbers Finds 3049 Grabs 3076. I use the finds number hope that helps.. :(

How do you tell the difference between people who go to events and copy all the numbers vs those who actually found bugs. It seems like a couple of good events will give you a couple hundred bugs...

The "first" person to hit 1000 TB's was Very dissapointed when the big fix

was put in place, where TB's didnt count anymore when you just grabbed them.

They used this method, as did many high ## fTB grabbers at the time.

Glad to see it go, and WOW that list is impressive !

Another statistic that I would like to see is the Cache to TB found ratio. I am close to 500 TBs - and just found my 200s cache so thats an average of almost 2.5 TBs per cache. But that would also be a number that gets higher if you go to TB "GrabFests"

Wow, that's an amazing ratio.

I'm at 426 caches (removing virts/locationless/webcam/earthcache/etc that won't have bugs) and I've only found 97. This 97 includes a bunch that I did just grab to get the icons at a recent event.

For me, that ratio is less than one bug for every 4 caches I find. I can't imagine finding that many bugs. Go you guys who have found so many!

If anyone knows of a cacher that should be on the list please let me know. It took alot of time searching profiles just to get were Iam at now. Thanks

I should be in the top 25 as far as your list goes. 751 tbs + Coins & Jeeps.

I personally think counting coup on TBs is just fine, even though I rarely do it. I WON'T log a tb unless I've touched it. That's what counting coup is all about. I seriously don't care what anyone else thinks of how I play MY game. I'm proud of my TB stats and TB mileage. That's all that matters to me.

Edited by Snoogans
Good grief -- I just THOUGHT I had found a lot! :cry::cry:

Hi JoeFrog,

Good to see you on the forums. Thanks for the coin trade.

Better not hijack the forum.

Thanks LaRobley for all you do.

We are the first in Idaho to hit 900 caches and 900 TB's. We did that on the same day. And no we didn't get the majority of the TB's at TB gatherings. If you check our profile , you'll notice that we have cached the entire pacific northwest to get those TB's. As a matter of record the few gatherings we have been to, usually we are the ones bringing the bags of TB's for the other cachers.

Working our way to 1000 TB's. Made it to 937 TB's yesterday. We use a tracking TB for our caching adventures. It reached 16,270 miles yesterday.