Your Favourite Locationless

Tervas

I have two favorites. One is the aforementioned Dash for Cache, becuase it is so fun to get a new target and go look for something that works before the time elapses.

The second is a little more traditional. It was the Frank Lloyd Wright LC. I discovered through online research that I would be caching near one of the only two homes he designed built in New England, and none of the locals had bagged it yet.

...Frank Lloyd Wright LC. I discovered through online research that I would be caching near one of the only two homes he designed built in New England, and none of the locals had bagged it yet.

I liked that one as well. I knew (for no particularly good reason) that one had been built in Bliss Idaho. However I could not find an address for it to take the photo. I even drove around looking for something that looked like he did it. Eventually another cacher bagged it. Since it was the only FLW Home in Idaho, that was that.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I actually saw fit to log notes on 4 locationless caches (not finds, but notes).

• GET YOUR KICKS ON ROUTE 66 4/7/2002, logged because I really like Route 66 stuff, and was in a very cool spot
  • GHOST BUSTERS 4/14/2002, logged while searching out nearby Capone's gravesite, and later found that the cemetery is supposedly haunted
  • Carillon Cache 8/15/2002, logged because I took lessons for a short while at this Carillon
  • Kiss Across the Nation 9/11/2004, logged because I happened to see the vehicle at a Grand Opening for a new Walmart, and remembered that there was a locationless for this.

Note: I logged the first two in April of 2002 with "Found it" smileys, but later changed them to notes. The others were initially logged as notes. I never thought that any of them were worthy of actually keeping the smiley.

Edited by Markwell

I consider some of the Locationless Caches to be exceptional, and a lot of fun. Some are very challenging!

Of course, Dash for Cache is one of my favorites!

One of the more challenging ones was: Y'all Stop Fightin Now, Ya Hear?(Mason~Dixon Line) .

Try Where's My Name? if you have an unusual name like my caching buddy, Jesus. You try finding a street sign with "Jesus" on it! (Located in Carmel, New York. Jesus' Gospel Way.)

Some of my best finds?

Metamorphosed Buildings.

Vertical Lift Bridges of the World.

And, of course, from Dash For Cache: Target 25: Local Attractions: Unusual Buildings..

I do understand the server problems with so many finds to bring up for a cache. Tossing them all for that reason seems inane. I've used the expression: Throwing out the baby with the bath water. There must be a simpler way.

Some of the Locationless caches were, obviously, not properly maintained. So, toss them all?

Some of the Locationless Caches were pretty stupid. I have refused to log "An American Flag" and others.

The back brain cells whirl with Locationless Cache requirements. Is that a Mermaid statue? Has anyone logged it yet?!?

The unexpected find has disappeared. I no longer need to be on the look out for a One of a Kind Mailbox, or a genuine Air Raid Siren, or a Camera Obscura (whatever that is). Someone tell that to my brain!

I have greatly enjoyed the Locationless Caches. I shall miss them very much. And, quite frankly, a large part of the excitement I've found here has disppeared.

I think that it is a very big mistake.

Not my decision. Oh, well. You gets what you pays for, I guess.

And, no, I have not visited waypointing.com. (That's only for premium members. ) From what I've heard of it, I never will.

Edited by Harry Dolphin
I have greatly enjoyed the Locationless Caches. I shall miss them very much. And, quite frankly, a large part of the excitement I've found here has disppeared.

I think that it is a very big mistake.

I have to second that. I'm still VERY sore at the prospect of losing Dash for Cache. I have enough on my plate to try and go to yet ANOTHER site for this stuff. "Waymarking?" Pah. If I need to know where a McDonald's is located, I just drive down the street.

I love my Dash cache, and I love giving new targets. Some are better than others, I admit... but I'm sure having a lot of fun with the two current targets!

Dash for Cache current Target # 39 - Life Imitates Art Imitates Life is one of the best - some great photos are being posted. I enjoyed finding This Way in Form Two Lines, a serendipitous find, and Kitschy Capitals is a fun one to watch. Super Fund DOH made for some interesting research. I wasn't expecting so many sites around my small town.

The Dash for Cache has to be one of the best out there. Another that I enjoyed was the Merci Train Boxcar. GC6389 It was quite a history lesson we learned on that one and a road trip of 5 hours that was originally slated for that cache alone. We ended up finding more caches along the way though.