Tell Me About Richmond Va

bnolan

We used to live in Newport News--about an hour or so south of Richmond. There is lots of good caching in Richmond. (and a bunch more in the Hampton Roads area). My uncle teaches school there and likes everything about the city except the heat.

Here's a link for Central VA Geocachers yahoo group. Maybe they can give you more info about Richmond.

Cacheola Crew Mom

Edited by Cacheola Crew

I'm not a huge fan of Richmond, it reminds me of Houston. However, traffic wasn't bad when I visited. I live in Fairfax, and it takes about 1.5 hours to drive down there. There seems to be a decent amount of caching there... enough that I sorta didn't do what I originally went there to do ;). Oops, oh well, just means another day trip down there.

I was not completely sold on North Virginia when I moved here from Dallas. However, being able to go to the mountains (Shenandoah or Blue Ridge) or to DC or NYC within in a few hours definitely offers quite a bit of variety if you feel the need to get out of dodge. Not sure if you're into music, but NoVa gets some decent acts, and cities like Philly, NYC, and Pittsburgh are close enough to do an overnight trip for a concert.