List Event Caches Separately In Weekly Email?

martinp13

I get the weekly new-cache email. It is ordered by distance, which is cool. But Event caches are more useful by date, and right now they are scattered through the regular caches and are hard to find. I've missed events because they're a long way from me and I didn't spot them in the list.

I'd like to suggest putting the Event caches by date at the top of the email, and the rest of the caches by distance below that. Might be too hard to do, but just a thought.

I have started using a Query for just events, and that works ok, but I have to go look at it: it doesn't "come to me" like the email does. :D

I get the weekly new-cache email. It is ordered by distance, which is cool. But Event caches are more useful by date, and right now they are scattered through the regular caches and are hard to find. I've missed events because they're a long way from me and I didn't spot them in the list.

I'd like to suggest putting the Event caches by date at the top of the email, and the rest of the caches by distance below that. Might be too hard to do, but just a thought.

I have started using a Query for just events, and that works ok, but I have to go look at it: it doesn't "come to me" like the email does. :D

Go to your regional forum. Click on the state name. This shows the caches in the state with the newest at the top. Events are listed first because they haven't happened yet. After an event occurs, it travels down the list.

Heh, I think that's worse. Not only do I have to burrow down into the Forums, but then I have to wade through every event in the state, and that page doesn't give me any clue where the events are.

Clicking on your state in the forums is just one way of accessing that page. Another is to click on your state's "homepage" from the dropdown box at the top right hand corner of the main homepage.

Another way to spot upcoming events is to use the Event Calendar, also linked from the main homepage.

Either way, you don't need to enter the forums -- which may be a good thing! :laughing:

As for multiple events in the same state, it's a quick click to see if it's within your desired traveling distance. Opening a few extra pages from the state homepage or the event calendar, OR taking care to read your weekly new cache e-mail, both seem like better solutions than devoting programming resources to re-doing how the weekly notifications are generated.

Robert's suggestion is the only one that lets me know where the events are located. Both state lists just list them out, with no distance from my home point shown (that would be good enough for me).

Right now the PQ is the best option.

I was trying to think of everyone, though. Do non-premium members get the weekly cache notifications?