Check List For Travel Bugs

SCP-173

Any chance something could be done with travel bugs so that the ones you've already logged would have a check mark next to them on cache pages, lists, etc.? Sort of like what's already done with caches. I've actually gone to caches, taken a bug and then realized I've already had it once I get home.

Edited by Vargseld? ™
Any chance something could be done with travel bugs so that the ones you've already logged would have a check mark next to them on cache pages, lists, etc.? Sort of like what's already done with caches. I've actually gone to caches, taken a bug and then realized I've already had it once I get home.

How would this help TBs that are placed after you leave home and before you get to the cache.

You could use a PDA or carry a list of TBS you have grabbed on a piece of paper. That would be easier than rewriting the site.

Edited by LaPaglia
How would this help TBs that are placed after you leave home and before you get to the cache.

The chances of that happening are very slim since I never cache using old info and would almost always know what bugs to expect.

Usually I like to leave a bug that I've already had so someone else can get credit. Chances are if I run into one a second time I've already helped it towards its goal as best I can, so there wouldn't be much sense it picking it up again.

I don't know how much rewriting of the site it would entail, but suggestions never hurt. :unsure:

You could use a PDA or carry a list of TBS you have grabbed on a piece of paper. That would be easier than rewriting the site.

I doubt this would work. For one most TB's I have seen don't have a name tag they simply have the tag with the number on it. Someone who has 200 TB's moved surely doesn't remember the number of the TBs they have moved. I don't think it would be a major overhaul to put a check mark next to a found TB. I am sure it won't be high on the priority list, but it has its merits and is a good suggestion. I would like to see this sometime in the future also.