Ytd 2005

YTD 2005 356 found

20 hidden

2004 (Started in May) 305 found

27 hidden

The high gas prices have put a hurting on my cache adventures. I no longer drive 150 miles round trip to find 20 to 50 caches in a day. I have to wait for new caches, near home, to be approved, before I go caching :anitongue:

Edited by Kit Fox

Calendar years don't really provide interesting info. Here are our stats since we started:

Year 1: 1500 finds, 97 hides

Year 2: 1500 finds, 92 hides

Year 3: 1500 finds, 86 hides

Year 4 seems to find us at a slower pace, so I'll be surprized if we find 1500 in year 4. Also, we are slowing down in hides because it is so hard to do proper maintenance on over 200 active caches in an area that has so many active cachers. Still having fun though... :unsure:

--Marky

About 70 finds and 21 hides so far this year - most all of it during hte months of june, july and august due to the weather. Last year we had about 45 finds and no hides - most of it in august and early september.

The year before (2003) we had one find, though never recorded it as we were just tag alongs with my sister's family while they were showing us their hobby.

My past year finds went like this

2002 - 52

2003 - 101

2004 - 347

For 2005, I started with a goal of finding an average of 1 cache per day. I reached the year goal on 14 August, when I passed the 365 find level. To date I have 383 finds for 2005. My goal for the remainder of the year is to find the remaining 40 or so caches in the OKC, Edmond, Moore and Norman, Oklahoma areas that I haven't found. :)

2005: 292 finds and 2 hides

2004: 147 finds

I do a lot of caching outside of my home state of Vermont due to the amount of traveling I do with the military.

I am looking forward to the elusive #500 sometime in the next month. Because of gas though, I have slowed down and have started to hide more than find now. I have 4 caches in the wings waiting to be put out.

2005 YTD: Found 857, Hidden 150 (includes 5 in review queue)

2004: 892 Found, 128 Hidden

Sep 1 to Dec 31 2003: 158 Found, 26 Hidden

Still having fun! Gas is not an issue. Closest unfound cache being an hour drive IS the issue!

Edited to add: If you want to be gas-efficient come to Sylva, NC. (Zipcode 28779)

Edited by OzGuff