I Need A Mentor!

ScottFla

Here's my dilemma:

I have some great ideas for caches but don't really know any local cachers yet and wouldn't really want to bounce ideas off them since they'd be out (hopefully)hunting the cache once it was approved...

So what do you guys do when you have a really great idea but don't know if it's doable?

Just read the guidelines carefully and understand that the cache cannot be on Private Property (without permission). The cache cannot be buried.

You cannot deface anything to either place the cache, or direct people to the cache location.

For instance it is better to use existing numbers for a multicache (signs, addresses, number of trees, legs on benches) than to nail coordinate-stage tags to trees or posts.

Check out the thread about Cool Cache Containers to see what other people have used.

If you are going to place a cache in a Park, it would be good to contact the local authorities to see if they have a policy about Geocaches. Some parks welcome the activity; others ban Geocaches.

Happy Caching! :ph34r:

Hey, thanks for the replies (and nice site, Miragee). I have read all the faq's and gone over all the rules bu that isn't my problem. I have some really cool ideas about caches that aren't answered in any of the faq's :lol: I guess I need some advice on the creativity side of placing a cache. I have some grerat ideas, like I have said, but wouldn't mind a place to bounce them off of someone else that won't be searching for them or placing their own copy of my idea a day before I do :ph34r:

And Capaldo, I am actually off right now to go check out the Florida Caching site.

Hey Scott. I'm near your area, P.C. to be exact and I'd like to hear some of your ideas. I just recently started hiding my own so don't get upset if I steal some of those ideas for over here! <_<

My caching buddy, know1special2u, and I have been talking about making a caching trip over that way soon. Maybe we can all hook up and check out the area and share some ideas.

Just let me know and welcome to the addiction...ooops...I meant hobby. :anitongue:

The sarcastic side of me read your reply :laughing: But I think I have read the forums enough and found a fairly decent mix of caches to place a decent one. I wanted to place a somewhat tame one before placing any of the crazy ones I have thought of to see how it worked and to make sure I could get it all right.