Searching And Gpx Files?

I think I really like Waymarking. A good way point out and share interesting places and things to people without the formality of a cache. But I feel a couple things are missing and either they are there and I missed them or (IMHO) they should be added.

The categories are great but I would like to get an area search of N waymarks in an area and have them in a GPX file. That way I can see and be exposed to different things without searching categories from a location. And putting it into a GPX file would allow me use my existing tools to put it in the GPSr and the info into Plucker on my palm PDA.

Maybe I am different but when visiting places my geocaching is usually secondary and the selection of places to visit is opportunstic by what the GPS tells me is near. Then I can read about it on the Palm.

So, can we get general or cross category searches from a location and GPX files?

jv

The categories are great but I would like to get an area search of N waymarks in an area and have them in a GPX file. That way I can see and be exposed to different things without searching categories from a location. And putting it into a GPX file would allow me use my existing tools to put it in the GPSr and the info into Plucker on my palm PDA.

I was just logging in to ask if .gpx files were going to be available. Thanks for asking for me.

The categories are great but I would like to get an area search of N waymarks in an area and have them in a GPX file.  That way I can see and be exposed to different things without searching categories from a location.  And putting it into a GPX file would allow me use my existing tools to put it in the GPSr and the info into Plucker on my palm PDA.

I was just logging in to ask if .gpx files were going to be available. Thanks for asking for me.

These are planned. Right now we're focusing on getting people to enter waymarks. We're taking the "if you build it, they will come" mentality. We absolutely plan to have GPX support for the site.